• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s r1.2 vdd mod.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLIssID

ok well, i have a question.
i've done the vdd mod on my board, heres what it can do:

210fsb @ 1.75vdd (prime pass 11+hrs)
215fsb @ 1.75vdd (prime fail 1min)
215fsb @ 1.86vdd (prime fail 3hrs)
215fsb @ 1.93vdd (prime fail 6hrs)

so considering i have the old version chipset, whcih i lapped, and tossed on some AS5 with a vantec iceburq(which doesn't even get warm after 5 hours of testing @1.93volts) do you guys think i could maybe push it up a bit more to lets say 2.0v?

edit// i would think 2.0v would allow me to do 215-220
what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Poor Blissy :( I coulda sworn you told me you had a rev 2 guess i was mistaken. Anyways as i told you before shoot for 2v, its been done before, you have a nice cooler on there so it should work fine.

dork r2 do 220 easy.
i wouldn't of been talking to you about the vdd mod on infantry if i had a r2.

I've got mine at 2.0V using a vantec iceberq, so you should be fine upping it a bit. I am thinking of raising the voltage a bit since I am unable to loop through 3DMark multiple times with anything over 216 FSB. Good luck!

arg pretty weird, i took the resistance down from .500 to .465 and that only got me to 1.94v

and did me no good because then prime would not run for a minute.

so i took it back to .500 now prime runs stable for 8hours @ 215fsb.

gonna do a bit more testing before i try to bump the vdd up again.

josanai said:
I've got mine at 2.0V using a vantec iceberq, so you should be fine upping it a bit. I am thinking of raising the voltage a bit since I am unable to loop through 3DMark multiple times with anything over 216 FSB. Good luck!

I honestly don't think it's the Chipset voltage. I have mine at 1.9 on 1.2 Rev NF7-S and I have trouble looping 3Dmark also at 220fsb. I have a lapped Northbridge with Zalman heatsink and 40mm fan. I'm thinking it's the cpu doesn't like a fast fsb.

Back