• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Talon101

Well here's the deal, I recruited my brother to build me a computer, yea I know I couldve done it myself, but working 12 hour shifts 4 days out of the week, it really puts a damper on time :D. Also, im overseas, and he's in the states, which means that i could only get a max of 19 inches sent to me (APO box). so thinking i could get around this loop hole i bought this baby, Viewsonic G220fb 21" Black CRT Monitor (i found out from my brother it was about 80 lbs! :eek: ) , and just have my brother send it too me by ups or something. the problem is that no one will ship it, and if they do, it costs more than the monitor (Mail Boxes Etc., around $700!! :mad: ). So im going to have my brother return the monitor :( . so i request your help in finding a monitor thats 19 inches, and will perform the same (or better :D) than the previous said monitor. I'll take any suggestions! help me, please!

Maybe you should check into a 17 inch LCD Monitor.

If theres any savings in shipping that over a heavier CRT it might work out to be about the same cost?
Just a thought:)

Al

I would go for a KDS xtreme 17" monitor, or a 17"/19" Sony Trinitron.... possible the CPD-G410R? I have this monitor... it works like a dream. It has display support of up to 1920X1440. It also has awsome refresh rates. It really depends on what you're willing to spend. Since you are overseas and it'll cost wayy too much to ship, I would go for the KDS xtreme 17" monitor... anyway good luck! :)

beezee said:
I would go for a KDS xtreme 17" monitor, or a 17"/19" Sony Trinitron.... possible the CPD-G410R? I have this monitor... it works like a dream. It has display support of up to 1920X1440. It also has awsome refresh rates.

Do you know where I can find this that model in Black? I can't find one anywhere. Also, how much did you pay for it? $303.00 is the lowest I could find.

Back