• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's mine
e4300b.jpg

E4300 @ 334x9 *** vcore bios=1.387v, cpuz idle=1.36, cpuz load = 1.344v
2x1 Crucial ddr667 @ 334mhz 4-4-4-12 *** vdimm=1.9v
DFI Infinity 975x/g 2/27/7 bios
enermax noisetaker I 485w
1 hd, 1 dvd burner, 2 120mm fans
Scythe Infniity pressure mount

How's the temp?
I really hope coretemp v.094 is the real one, otherwise i think temp is pretty high. Core temp v0.95 reports ~20C higher than v0.94. I don't run it because it crash the system most of the time. It's a comon problem, so im not worried.

I don't know what's holding me back, but i think my chip sux. if I want to do 3.2Ghz I have to set the vcore to at least higher than 1.425v, which i think is too high, I afraid to try. Or I'm I asking too much?

Popped her 3ghz cherry! I think my RAM is holding me back though. I had to set it at these timings just to get it to boot.

cpuwl4.jpg

redrumy3 said:
cmon guys push it to 400 x 8 !

u run yours at 3.2ghz and only 1.325v? :eek: mine sux,

I thought I could do 3.2ghz at the very least, but my temp is high, so I'm sticking with 3ghz. I remount twice, same result.
at 3ghz load temp is according to:
coretemp v0.95 = 60C.
coretemp v0.94 =45C
smartguardian = 52C

Coretemp v0.95 is said to be most accurate, so my temp is reach 65C recommend max temp. note I don't use tat, cuz it won't work, and coretemp v0.95 restart my machine more than 1/2 the time.

If i want run 3.2ghz i have to set vcore in bios to >1.425, don't know the exact volt, too afraid to try cuz load temp is prob go beyond 65C :bang head.

redrumy3 said:
cmon guys push it to 400 x 8 !

I'm trying to but my multi is always at x9 when I boot into windows?:confused:

set it to x8,
reboot
bios shows it at x8

motherboard is Asus P5K on latest bios 0406

any suggestions?

untitledew0.jpg

Last edited:
i dont think anyone in the states right now has a P5K, most of the users im seeing are in the EU.

ChinStrap said:
darthku - are you talking about the ram in your sig when you say it's holding you back?

your not even running at spec pc2 6400 speeds.

I'm not sure what it is then. Temps seem to be fine, but when I try to up the FSB it just won't boot. If I keep all the settings the same and try to up the timings to 5-5-5-12 it won't boot. RAM voltage is already at 2.1V and CPU volts are at 1.45V according to the mobo. Any help would be great, I was hoping to hit 3.2-3.4.

emailed Asus who told that what bios and CPU-z report are correct so multi is changing.

I think my e4300 stable FSB limit is 360, past 370 it doesn't boot :(

chip runs 333x9 1.475v in bios on stock cooler

upgraded from athlon xp based comp so not to fussed:)

overclock2sz9.jpg

looking good seems like everyone can get at least 3ghz or more out of it. love mine by far best clocking processor i had

You might be hitting the 'FSB hole' newtron. Did it do that even with a 7x multi and 401+ FSB? If not maybe the strap still stays at 800 and that's why it won't boot past those FSB speeds.

I have settled on a 100% stable speed, and even backed down 5MHz FSB from my 100% stable seting for peace of mind:

PC#2 in my sig

e4300 @ 3.15GHz @ 1.400 Vcore
P5B-E @ 350FSB
DDR2-875 RAM 4:5 4-4-3-5 @ 2.10 Vdimm (nice bandwidth, too :) )
XP-120 + quiet fans all around

100% stable with 24-Hours of Memtest and 24-Hours of Orthos (Level 10 Priority). Temps get in the low 70's according to TAT, but Orthos barely kisses 70*C (T-Junc is 85*C IIRC).

:cool:

MadMan007 said:
You might be hitting the 'FSB hole' newtron. Did it do that even with a 7x multi and 401+ FSB? If not maybe the strap still stays at 800 and that's why it won't boot past those FSB speeds.

don't think it is, tried different FSB and multi in 400 range but no boot

nookuwn said:
just want to compare with mine, what are your temps newtron?

@333x9 1.475 bios under load it's 75c, idle low 40's on stock cooler and paste.

have ordered a Big Typhoon vx

think I got lucky with the Geil ram 2.35v

overclock1jx3.jpg

wow thats pretty hot, stock cooler?
you runs your pretty high volts then...my vcore is 1.3875v in bios for 333x9

temp load
coretemp v0.94 = 45C
coretemp v0.95 = 60C
smart guardian = 52C

no idea which to trust, and TAT won't run on mine.

Mine has started to do wierd things again...

After reseating the heatsink with some AS5 and being pleasantly surprised at the 8*c drop in temperature over before (although cleaning the inch thick layer of dust out of the fan might have also had something to do with that...), i thought i'd try and push it back to 3.2Ghz to see if i could get it stable. Unlike before though, this time EVERYTHING decided it had had enough. 1Mhz more on the FSB required another ramp in voltage...it never used to do that :(

Electromigration already?

Hey guys. i'm a total noob to OCing, i'm trying to get a decent clock out of my E4300.

Here's my setup (the stuff that matters):
Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Allendale 1.8GHz
GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

I've followed the steps here...
http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=610&p=2

BIOS_01.png

...to get things going. Obviously I wasn't able to hit 386x9 like they insisted was possible. I'm sitting at about 3.06Ghz right now, but I'm concerned with the temps. I'm still on the OEM retail cooler with 3 80mm case fans (one blows in from front, two blow out back). Any tips, suggestions, etc? How much of an OC can i expect with the stock cooler? I'm happy with ~3ghz but i dont want to burn stuff up.

edit: the only thing i changed from whats above was lowering the CPU Host Clock Frequency

Last edited:
Back