• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC keeps shocking me!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, sounds like a grounding issue to me. time to try a different plug in the wall and/or surge protector.

Could also just unplug the machine for a while, then later in the day see if you still get shocked.

I'm worried about the fact of reporting your monitor dying. Makes me think maybe some live current.

yeah, do you have a secondary monitor as well that could be on the way out? I know it sounds weird but I had that once and whenever I touched my case I would feel the electricty in it, and I could never figure out where it was coming from. Eventually I pulled off the VGA cable and touched the pins and voila!! The mystery current was uncovered...the monitor caught fire shortly thereafter, but thats another story...you guys ever see somebody run outside with a smoking monitor over their heads....?:sn:

Nick

Back