• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-tek Whitewater on LGA 1155?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrix_2k

So here's a blast from the past - I have an old Iwaki water pump, a D-tek Whitewater, and a custom radiator that I used to use with my T-Bred B / Barton CPU long ago. I've been doing some instructional videos and need to quiet my computer down as it's picked up through the mic - has anyone adapted a Whitewater to the LGA1155 socket? Is there any reason it wouldn't work if I made a new mounting bracket? I'm not looking to set the world on fire, it just needs to perform as well as my current CoolerMaster Hyper212 Evo HSF. Thoughts?

No reason for that to not work. I'd prob make a top for your top. Then you don't have to buy a tap or anything. Just get some 1/2 cutting board material for top and maybe 1/4 for back. You can cut it all with table saw and standard drillbits. Motherboard standoffs with m3xm3 threads make mounting hardware a snap. One standoff screwed into backplate which if using cutting board plastic will be self tap; then another though the board hole to clamp together. Find some long m3 bolts and you screw right into the standoff as with any pro waterblocks backplate.

Back