• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is My Pump Going Bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AnubisOne

Hey guys,

I have a dual bay xspc pump/res combo and the pump is making a low pitched humming sound. It just started a couple days ago. It's not even a year old...

Do you think my pump is going out? :confused:

Thanks

Have you tried moving it/tightening screws, maybe it is just vibrating against something (the case).

What troubleshooting have you done prior to this thread creation?

I have checked the screws and they are all tight. The res doesn't move it's in solid. I'll try taking the screws out and resetting it.

I'll let you know what happens

Unless my memory is hazy, humming from the X20 750 is quite common. What revision do you have? (v4 is the latest revision I believe)

Do you notice any temperature fluctuation from what you were getting prior to the humming?

Also, you can try contacting XSPC directly and see what they have to say if the noise becomes troublesome.

Unless my memory is hazy, humming from the X20 750 is quite common. What revision do you have? (v4 is the latest revision I believe)

Do you notice any temperature fluctuation from what you were getting prior to the humming?

Also, you can try contacting XSPC directly and see what they have to say if the noise becomes troublesome.

+1 :thup:

I actually dont know what revision it is. Its not even like 8 months old if that helps.

If the box doesn't say anything about being a new revision than you might have the old batch which was a problematic pump. I think its changed four times, hense the V4 revision.

^^^This

Also, did you let it get low on water? it might have trapped some air if you did...its unlikely, but possible. I'ld try to find out the revision as it's more likely someone stuffed you with the old 750 if you didn't buy it from XSPC direct. Otherwise, at less that a year old, warranty should still apply... (original packaging + invoice needed)

Back