• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats a good sealant for acrylic reservoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acemorgan

Registered
Can someone tell me what's a good sealant to put around the fittings for the reservoir.
These are stainless steel thru-hull 5/8" barb fitting for boats I'm going to use for my intakes for the pump

Attachments

• 66547G1-Attwood.jpg
    66547G1-Attwood.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 151
Hope they are the standard G1/4 threaded for water cooling gear.

ok I'll use that for he threads around my fittings. How about something to put between the bottom & sides of the acrylic pieces when they make contact between each other some sort of glue would be good or silicon too? I'd like to just brush something along that surface. Where they meet at in the corners or cracks I'll be using this acrylic weld- on for bonding.

not those fittings. there the NPT type of threading I'm using just using on the reservoir to connect to the pumps only. everything else is the G1/4 1/2 tubing. Doesn't seem like anybody makes a 5/8 id fitting for water cooling. I'd have to be a G3/8 type treading

yea I just received my dozen ADT-XFTKI for the reservoir I ordered from koolance the threading is too short to put the nut on. Is there any way to make them longer? The acrylic is 3/4 inch think. Who knows what type of threading these are there's no specs anywhere I can find on these any suggestions?

Attachments

• Bulkhead Tank Fitting view2.jpg
    Bulkhead Tank Fitting view2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 96
Not sure what it'll hold wise but the measurements 10.25x9.75x18 inches. I guess its around 1.5 gallons. Now I just found out from the Fastenal store about those fittings. It is an M14 with 2.0 threading with 14mm in thread length. The hex nut that come with it is 9.6mm height & the washer is 1.4mm wide now that only has 3mm left over for the thickness of acrylic left between the flange & nut. I heard of jam nuts to use instead with a height of only 7mm. doesn't anyone make them a bit smaller like 3.2mm to 6mm in the height? Gonna have to do some drilling to widen this for the nut at a depth of like 10mm or so. Sure would be nice if someone made those G1/4 thread longer length wise.

It sounds like he's making his own reservoir. I agree though, that sounds overly thick for the acrylic.

Back