• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about a Vapochill LS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ordered it tonight... LAst day of the year!

Anyone know a good forum that has lots of experts regarding phase changing cooling?

IT ARRIVED!

Vapo001.jpg

Vapo002.jpg

Vapo003.jpg

whats a safe limit of voltage for a prescott under a vapochill ls?

On air i was told that 1.5v was max... what is it now with this?

you may have trouble getting your board to give more than 1.6v since alot of manufacturers limit a prescotts vcore to that.

it shouldnt hurt it to run it at 1.6 or even higher. i wouldnt go much over 1.65 or 1.7 though (more for the mobos sake than the cpus)

congrats on getting it overthere. looks like theres a pretty good bend on that line to get it on the cpu like i thought there would be but looks like it worked out for you just fine in the end.

looking at the skirting for the ls you could probably make some mesh pieces that resembled your v1000 if you were really in a modding mood.

looks great so far though keep up the good work.

"wow" I like those specs , How do you think it would look on a MGE viper extreme gamer case? I'm looking around for some to cool my rig. How much does it cost?

///M3 said:
Vio1
Would you mind sharing install experience, especially about condensation proofing the mobo? I'm facing a the install and want to get it RIGHT the first time.

theyll have a instruction manuall that will walk you through the install step by step. following the order listed in the manual will pretty much get you the best results and really isnt very difficult once you have everything in front of you.

the best advice anyone could give would be to make sure when you put the heater element in the clamshell that you make sure its tight against the innerwalls if you have a gap around any of the corners it can make it a real pain to put the inserts into the clamshell.

might be of some use if you havent already to do a googe search for vapochill ls review or vapochill ls installation. i searched around while i waited on my unit to arrive and found a couple sites that had a good walkthrough with pictures for each step.

btw where you going to mount your vapo in the same style of case as vio?

Hi, no problem.
Condensation is your enemy.
What u need: Dielectric grease (a definite must)

On the back of the board I applied dielectic grease along the edge of the foam sponge (that houses the motherboard heater)... wanted to make sure that no air would get it. On the front side of the board I applied a lot of grease in the cpu slot, in underneath the cpu (in around all the pins and caps) and a good amount of the grease around the cpu slot (including underneath the foam that surrounds the cpu). The ideas is thus: Have no way for air to reach the cpu/evaporator, and also have no large air pockets around the cpu.

When I had my cpu in the slot, and the foam secured around it, I filled in most of the remaing space around the foam (next to the cpu) with grease so that there wouldnt be any air sitting waiting to form condensation.

Thats pretty much it. Once setup, and have the vapochill control panel installed in windows, you can raise the power to the heaters (default setting is fine unless you live in a very humid environment)

Post some pics when you get it!

Thanks guys. It'll be awhile before I tear it all down to down this install as I have some work that must be done first. My case is a midtower Lian-Li PC-60 knockoff, not the same as Vio1's.

i doubt that the tube would be long enough... However i have seen people remove all the components from the vapochill and install it inside the v2000.

Yo..... Vio1 I am thinking of getting VapoChill. So can give me your dimensions of your VapoChill LightSpeed so i can see whether it will fit in my CM (STC-T01).

Many Thank...

Junior

:)

Back