• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAF-X : Trying to add another rad or change fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmmm, well maybe I'll just run distilled and lose the mayhems. Also the masterkleer has already shipped maybe I'll return it and order primo chill.

It will gunk up. You have to do complete tear downs every 2-3 months if you're using that kind of stuff. Just giving you a heads up. As for the tubing, you're talking about is the LRT Pro line from a while ago. You're mixing it up with the newer Advanced LRT which is plasticizer free. On the other hand I've heard clouding issues with masterkleer and sometimes plasticizer unless it was just clouding, can't recall exactly.

It's your stuff. GL and lets us how it goes.

Didn't someone recently using Mayhems mess up their loop and he said the same thing that everyone had no issues but his loop looked sooo bad

Hahaha, ok so I think I'll return the mayhems, and return the masterkleer... Order myself some white primochill tubing, and call it a day...

Everything else though sounded great, I've heard great things about the Heatkiller block for 780. As well as adding the monsta 360 to the rear... It'll look a little janky but will do what I need it to, and as long as it works how it should and performs. That's all that matters.
:D

Make sure its "Advanced" and not "Pro" as I was once sent the wrong tubing and had to return it and wait for the right one to come in. Distilled and silver can't go wrong. Make sure you're not mixing any aluminum in the loop and should be good. I've been running distilled for years now.

Make sure you rinse everything, even the new stuff. Hope you do that every time.

Make sure its "Advanced" and not "Pro" as I was once sent the wrong tubing and had to return it and wait for the right one to come in. Distilled and silver can't go wrong. Make sure you're not mixing any aluminum in the loop and should be good. I've been running distilled for years now.

Make sure you rinse everything, even the new stuff. Hope you do that every time.

Roger that, I'll put the mayhems on eBay... And return/eBay the MasterKleer when that arrives.

Thanks...

Distilled and silver I go. :D

Thats all I run in mine and its clear and works

Good to hear, my last tubing was the PrimoChill Advanced LRT and it worked perfectly...

Should have stuck with my gut, but when I ordered I saw the plasticizer reviews... Didn't know that was referring to the older stuff.

Good to know.

Thanks!

Does my plumbing schematic look ok?

plan-feb2014.png

Well, originally I ordered a rear mounting kit for a 120mm, but wasn't to excited on how it was going to look.

Anyway that's in the past, little update for you I just ordered the 900D. So, Everything will be in the case now :)

Cheers

Well here's a quick update. Still waiting on a few more packages which will be delivered by Monday I hope, but getting some of the guts in, and putting the block on the 780.

Progress is moving along great so far! This case is HUGE!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Well, got the loop filled, and majority of the work done. Still have some minor wiring to do etc. But everything is plumbed and looking very good!

I am very happy with my decisions in upgrading! I played a game of BF4 last night maxed out, and my gfx stayed about 33c!!! Wow, I am impressed!

Good temps overall and very happy! Thanks everyone for the help along the way!

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Hideous color fluid (reminds me of milk or the 'blood' in that robot that gets torn apart in Alien, LOL!), but nice work!

I just hope it doesn't clog the block/loop. Conventional wisdom says stay the heck away from any dyes.

Back