• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 4-pin panaflo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

I have the antec plus1080b. It has some fan-only molexes from the psu. These fan-only connecters are for fans only and not electrical componenets. I have the panaflo h1a 4-pin fan for my heatsink. How should i wire it up? Should i hook it up to the fan-only connecter and then hook it up to a 3.5/5.25 device, or should i hook it up to a regular molex (non fan-only connecter)?

Also, will my fan work if i hook it up to a fan-only connecter and then not hooking it up to a 3.25/5.25 device?

Also, if i hook up the fan to a regular molex (non fan-only connecter), will my fan work at the highest speed it can for optimal cooling?

What should i do?

I think the NORMAL molex connector is your best bet here for maximum cooling- infact the other fan only may slow it down-
SPyder

yes, i just read my manual, it sais connect to regular molex for maximum cooling, however noise wont be reduced. IN this case, the fan for the heatsink is very important, so i'm gonna connect it to a regular molex.
Thanks.

Back