• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Boards Suck...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
haha. ok i see, so i will be going with an epox or an ASUS...no DFI or MSI...that's what i got from this, and i thank you all!

hmm...i should take a look at some boards...any suggestions on specific models?

ChonChon said:
haha. ok i see, so i will be going with an epox or an ASUS...no DFI or MSI...that's what i got from this, and i thank you all!

hmm...i should take a look at some boards...any suggestions on specific models?

If your going for the long haul pick up the ASUS SLI32 board, its the only board like it and its been reported as a good overclocker and also to have greater performance than other boards even with a single card.

That Asus looks to be a great board, but it's also $229! The Epox 9NPA SLI is $100 cheaper. No, it's not as good as the Asus, but it's a solid good overclocking board.

epox is pretty nice... i remember my old 8rda3+ came with some neat extras such as some small mosfet sinks and a flathead/phillips screwdriver. um...it overclocked well too, not as well as my dfi nf2 does but the dfi is a sensitive beast that took me some time and patience to fine tune.

i wouldnt say they suck but there pretty buggy boards that really just lack that "solid" feeling. Those who have owned Abit's and Dfi's know what im talking about.

My opinion is that most MSI boards are extremely buggy and it's more luck of the draw whether or not you get a solid OC'ing board or a below-par board. My neo2 platinum is dying on me as of right now because of a stupid power spike that rocked it. I hafta run my venice @ 1.8ghz instead of 2.6ghz to maintain stability and run default ram specs :bang head

I've owned 3 MSI boards, two a-bit and one asus. The only three boards that still work are the MSI boards. I currently use an MSI K8N Neo2 and am VERY happy with it. I've managed to hit 260X10 on my venice 3500 with the stock cooler. I'd like to try some DFI boards, but IMO for the money MSI makes a fantastic product. Asus and A-bit have all had bleh results for me.

Back