• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Swiftech MCW6500-T ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sony190

What water cooling kit would you get with the Swiftech MCW6500-T and MCW60 T?
I also have to convert a Antec PSU for the external PSU (400 watt).
I think this is more of a project than a need to do so I may just start with the MCW60 T for the video card and work my way up

Well if your going for TECs i wouldn't touch a kit. Build something from parts. Ask in the Watercooling forum about it.

PSU is easy, just hook the tecs up to the yellow (12v) and ground wires. Then jump start the PSU.

Personally, TECs arn't worth it. I would just go with water instead.

I think direct part peltier cooling is more efficient/effective isn't it? I'm a fan of chillers myself though... I'd trust a swiftech with a pelt, just make sure it can handle the part your cooling and that you insulate well. If you run another block in the loop, it will probably raise its temps a bit.

I just heard about the Res that is like 24" long and takes 3 fans and was wondering exactly how much would be needed to cool chipsets Cpu and Video with the 3 fan res. would my temps dips with a big res with the Tec ?
And would the delta AFB1212 fans be good to use on the res I have extras that were recommended to me by other forum members.

well that depends. The tecs work by pulling heat from the chip on the cold side to the hot side where the water is. Its overall effect would be to add more heat to the water. This heat might be negligable, but then it might not. Most of us run 3x120mm fans on our rads and run CPU GPU and Chipset cooling in the one loop. The rads can usually handle it, but resovoiurs not so much. Which res have you found? could you give us a link. I have a feeling its that tall blue fined one. Either way a radiator will do much better.

As for the fans, what rating are we talking. I had a TFB1212GHE (220CFM) and at 65dB she was LOUD. effective though. very good build qulity. According to the data sheet ARB1212VHE is 130CFM at 47dB. That pretty good, but three will be noisy!

the heat is very not negligible, with my gpu and cpu on my heater core it barely gets warm but with the maze4+tec its was really hot to the touch at only 5v, if you run it at 12v your gonna need the radiator space.

Back