• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone know a low noise U1 Power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IKIKUINTHENUTZ

Hey all does anyone know a low noise power supply in U1 server format?

I would like it to have 24 pin plug and 8 (4 pin at least) pin CPU (motherboard) power header.

It does not need to have a PCI-e connector

making a U rack server into a desktop but it only takes u1 power supply

Last edited:
I have yet to see a U1 unit that is silent. Due to size limitations, the fan used is small and I don't think you will find a reliable unit that is silent.

Well I'm not looking for silence, I'm looking for something lowest noise compare to other U1s

The problem is that these things I have no experience with. which is why I'm asking around to those who have dealt with many different brands of u1s (yes I know it's a long shot but mind as well ask and try then not at all)

Looks like to gotta rephrase the question a bit
what is the lowest noise U1 you have used. IF you used any. If so how it is comparable too... something (to a YL H speed fan for example)

Last edited:
That's a good idea with the Picos, too bad I calculated that wattage needed with the system and I'm not too happy with my requirement at 224w recommended :(

Those picos look great but I doubt they have something at 250w range :(

That's a good idea with the Picos, too bad I calculated that wattage needed with the system and I'm not too happy with my requirement at 224w recommended :(

Those picos look great but I doubt they have something at 250w range :(

what did you use to calculate the requirements, some of the online 1s over estimate by a long way

and what hardware are you planning on running?

what did you use to calculate the requirements, some of the online 1s over estimate by a long way

and what hardware are you planning on running?

haha that's what I used, some random internet thingy

This is what I'm migrating into my 2U from my Lian Li tower case
E8200
DFI X38 ATX
DDR2 4GB ram 1066 (2 X2gb)
Two 250gb seagate hard drives in raid 1 (single platter drives)
ATI 4350 PCI-E
No cd drive

If the requirements are too high I can switch the DFI X38 board to Asus P5Q pro and downgrade the ram to 2 X 1gb sticks and switch up the video card for 8400GS

how much watts would that take up?

haha that's what I used, some random internet thingy

This is what I'm migrating into my 2U from my Lian Li tower case
E8200
DFI X38 ATX
DDR2 4GB ram 1066 (2 X2gb)
Two 250gb seagate hard drives in raid 1 (single platter drives)
ATI 4350 PCI-E
No cd drive

If the requirements are too high I can switch the DFI X38 board to Asus P5Q pro and downgrade the ram to 2 X 1gb sticks and switch up the video card for 8400GS

how much watts would that take up?

i used to run my E8400 oced to 4ghz, with a 8400gs , and it would peak at 120w when running mprime

the ram usage is normaly to low to wory about.

you can see this thread alot of people there use pico psus:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46659

Back