• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bunch of new NEO2 Mod BIOS's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoPMatrix

Dunno if you guys know about these yet but Sideeffect over at Xtremesystem has been pumping out MOD versions of the A.10 BIOS like crazy =)

Download them here.

And all BIOS's here.

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum

Bios Rev.1

- Based on 1.A Official

- Default trc = 12 clks & trfc = 18 clks on boot

- Enabled 183 divider
- Enabled 150 Divider
- Enabled S.M.A.R.T by default
- Enabled Bios cacheable by default

- Disabled Temps from showing in bios completely
- Disabled 216, 233, 250 dividers completely
- Disabled ATI/Nvidia Speedup by default
- Disabled Full screen logo and small EPA logo by default
- Disabled Spread Spectrum by default
- Disabled Fast writes by default

Bios Rev.2

- Max Async = 8
- Read Write Queue bypass = 16
- Bypass max = 7

Fixes to Rev1 and 2

- Now all options available in bios will show.
- Full logo and small logo can now be enabled but are disabled by default
- Memory voltage default set to Auto
- Nvidia lan is now on by default.

Ballistix Edition

After extensive testing with athlon 64 tweaker and my Crucial Tracer Ballistix. I found these to be the most stable memory settings. These settings helped me out greatly and make a huge difference to stability.

- Max Async = 8
- Bypass max = 7
- Idle Cycle limit = 64
- DQS Skew Mode = slower

TCCD Edition

Tested by CD1986 with TCCD ram to find most stable timings at maximum mhz. Tried DQS Skew faster slower and off also tested DQS Skew at 255 but the most stable timings were similar to the ballistix but with idle cycle limit at 256.

- Max Async = 8
- Bypass max = 7
- Idle Cycle limit = 256
- DQS Skew Mode = slower
- Drive Strength weak by default

MopMatrix

Thanks for the info. I would imagine that these files are safe to try. I want to try the Ballistix Edition...(thought I was the only person using Ballistix). :D

Added 4 new BIOS's

1.A0 MOD1 by Syar
1.A0 MOD1 No Temp by Syar
1.A4 MOD By Sideeffect
1.A4 XMOD by Murdok

Bhugarov said:
Thanks for the info. I would imagine that these files are safe to try. I want to try the Ballistix Edition...(thought I was the only person using Ballistix). :D
I have read that the Ballistix work well with the Neo2. Are you running those Ballistix with a 166 divider?

Yeah im using the 1.A0 rev1 with the 150divider right now for my BH5, works great :D

That really is great to here. When I get some time I will experiment. A 183 divider would be perfect for my ram and cpu.

ya me too my ram max is like 185 with 2.85v and my max htt is 300 so with the 166 divider i was running ram at 245 now i can run at 170 i got a nice boost in sisoft sandra memtest
int 7255
float 7177

I just built a new system with a 4400+ X2 and the Neo 2. The TCCD Edition seems to work ok so far. Be trying some overclocking soon.
I was amazed that the "Official" 1.A0 BIOS has USB 2.0 disabled by default. MSI must have a real bunch of morons building their BIOS files!

rseven

Yes I have been running the 166 divider for a while now. I really should try one of these BIOS's and see what I can get now that I have gotten some of the others issues resolved.

How about that. Here i am selling off my msi neo 2 to get a new pci-e video card and now is when the new modded bioses come out. Isn't that grand? :rolleyes:

Nebulous said:
How about that. Here i am selling off my msi neo 2 to get a new pci-e video card and now is when the new modded bioses come out. Isn't that grand? :rolleyes:

I think your still better off getting rid of it :p
ur going DFI right? =)

Nebulous said:
Nahh, i had my fun with a DFI already. Gonna test drive the Abit A8N Ultra and see :)
Let us lowly Neo2 users know how it works out. (Sometimes I feel like the last dinosaur on the planet using the Neo2 but I do know their are a few of us still left behind:))

Back