• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm using MSI Neo2 Platinum, which BIOS should I use ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You just have to try. One bios will do wonders for someone and be a nothing but trouble for others.
look here:
http://www.msi.sploitz.com/

I still use the official 1.8 as it is the one that gives me the best oc.

If you keep this thread alive I bet rseven will show up and give some advice. I think he have tested a lot of those mod's.

Damn.... I just looked at that site is so confusing, There is like 80 different BIOS :shrug: Can somone please suggest a BIOS I can start off with? I'd rather start with one that other people have had success with :)

aww comon rseven :)

Heres a pic of my ram/mobo/cpu

adamzcomp19large2gf.jpg

use 1.3C by sideeffect....me and rseven have spent quite a while discussing our ridiculous motherboards in the past.

austinbmxnig said:
use 1.3C by sideeffect....me and rseven have spent quite a while discussing our ridiculous motherboards in the past.

haha I must agree that the neo2 is ridiculous :bang head

I'm sorry guys. I must have done a Rip VanWinkle! I am not sure how I missed this, but I must have been too sober. Yes, Austinbmxnig, has it right, the 1C3 modded bios by Sideeffects has worked the best for me. My Neo2 is sitting in the corner of my studio. I am punishing it for bad behavior, but it won't be long before I pop a new CPU in it and torture myself once again. I never knew I was such a masochist! :D

It's been about 5 months but I think it's time to start flashing the bios again on this lackluster board. Would the TCCD edition by sideeffect be better suited for me rather than the standard edition if my memory is TCC5?

I never used the TCCD version even though I use TCCD on my Neo2. It seems that most users have had the best luck with the rgular 1c by Sideeffects.

I will be getting the Neo 2 in a few days and I wondered if anyone might know which would be better for me, I have searched for hours now and can't quite find the right info.

I will be installing an Opteron 144 in it and using the GSkill ram. I'm pretty sure the ram is UCCD, if that matters, I did notice a few bios that seemed to have specialized settings for certain ram.

I've already gotten some valuable info and links from this thread but like I said I still can't tell which would be the best bios for me. I'm also very nervous everytime I have to flash a bios so I would like to only have to do it a couple times max.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so far, KBTat2

kbtat2 said:
I will be getting the Neo 2 in a few days and I wondered if anyone might know which would be better for me, I have searched for hours now and can't quite find the right info.

I will be installing an Opteron 144 in it and using the GSkill ram. I'm pretty sure the ram is UCCD, if that matters, I did notice a few bios that seemed to have specialized settings for certain ram.

I've already gotten some valuable info and links from this thread but like I said I still can't tell which would be the best bios for me. I'm also very nervous everytime I have to flash a bios so I would like to only have to do it a couple times max.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so far, KBTat2

Dont get it...... I freakin hate mine. Go with NF4, if you can.

I would love to go with NF4 but I can't afford a new VGA card yet so....
The Neo I'm getting is used and the guy who had it before me said it was stable to 334 so it should do just what I want it to do hopefully.

It couldn't be any worse than the Gigabyte K8nsnxp-939 I have now.

kbtat2 said:
I would love to go with NF4 but I can't afford a new VGA card yet so....
The Neo I'm getting is used and the guy who had it before me said it was stable to 334 so it should do just what I want it to do hopefully.

It couldn't be any worse than the Gigabyte K8nsnxp-939 I have now.

Good luck with that :) , im currently just making the watercooling / Peltier setup/case Ive always wanted. Going to cost me over $1000 so ya :-/

So far everything is going great.
The only problem I have had so far has been the Nvidia lan not working. My short term goal was to get 2.7 Ghz which I have done using the "1C Final" bios frome sideeffects.
I will push it more when I get my ram back from Newegg.

Hey Adam, how's your cooling setup going? That's gonna be sweet when it's done.

Back