• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Kingston to Release Their First Water Cooled RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Kingston to Release Their First Water Cooled RAM
by Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)
HX_H20_DDR3_angle_3Kit-300x159.jpg

Yep, now there is a little competition for OCZ in the works.

... Return to the article to continue reading.

Digg | Reddit

Discuss this article below and please click on the social media links above to support our content. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Heard about these today from a friend, they look cool and all but they should consider selling the WC blocks separately as well.

Looks aluminum to me...if they didn't know right off the bat I don't feel like they did their research enough to know that the watercooling community shuns aluminum...maybe the right person wasn't asked or something, but a lot of companies (ie:gigabyte) make that folly on their first watercooled product...the fact that they used 1/4" barbs points to a similar conclusion...nice try...decent design on keeping restriction down, but I don't see this being a success.

Well actually in the second picture is looks like the memory is more in the mid 30's. And that begs this question:

In picture two the temperature scale is from 23-43. The water line appears to be at most 23, possibly colder. That puts the water around 74F, which I suppose to be around room temp. So with water that cool I guess it's on a separate/isolated loop all by itself....

I'm not going to say the test skews anything, but realistically how many people are going to run their memory with it's own pump/reservoir/radiator? And not just have it as a loop running with the cpu or graphics card?

Frankly for the intended use I'd rather see a low powered TEC setup for each individual dimm (air cooled or water would be fine).

They have the exact same speed and timing of other HyperX kits. I would think if they took the effort to water cool ram they could improve either speeds, timing or even lower voltage needed to run ram at rated speeds.

Back