• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with "No any device exists!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaydu

I been having an issue with my parents computer.After posting and scanning devices it comes up in red with error message "No any device exists!". I changed the battery. I tried defferent hard drives, I have updated the bios, i have reinstalled windows xp, I have installed Linux. I have taken out the ram and moved slots I have tried no gpu and different gpus. I have enabled and disabled the IDE drives. I have unplugged everything from the board and added it one at a time. I have cleared the cmos. nothing seems to work. Any ideas guys/girls.

The build Motherboard: Biostar H55HD
CPU: I3-540
Ram: 4g patriot 2x2g 1333 PSD32G1332
PSU: OCZ 700watt modxstream
GPU: HD5770 or a HD5550 I have tried both
HDD: Seagate 500g sata 2
DVDD: LG sata

If there is anyone who could help me with this I will be in your debt.

I had never heard of this, so I took it to Google.
It came up with this page.
They have an Asus with the same chipset, same error.
The fix is in the third paragraph.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, you have to disable a setting in the BIOS about detecting IDE devices. My new computer was doing that when I first set it up. Disabled that setting, and it never showes up anymore.

I have disabled everything other then what I need. i have tried ever sata port. it just will not go away

No, not the SATA ports.

I just restarted my computer to make you a quick walkthrough.

1. Restart your computer, and hit the button to get into the BIOS (delete key for mine)
2. In the BIOS, go to the "Advanced" section.
3. Go to "Onboard Devices Configuration".
4. Disable "VT6330 1394/IDE controller".

NOTE: I'm not sure about this, but the number before 1394/IDE controller might be different. That's what it is for mine. The IDE controller is the important part.

Aldakoopa. You are awesome. it was under my on board PCI/PCI-E under PATA I disabled that and boo-ya. Thank you so so much for your help. Yeah Buddy!

Back