• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rebuild with nzxt source 210 elite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
since this is the first time ive had a case with cable management, im going to make it as clean as possible :) i have a few mods im going to do, going to cut out the side and put in a window as well as turn the hdd bays 90 degrees.

needless to say i thought this case was a beaut for 50 bucks and also got a fan controller for it, look forward to some custom cabling and some case destruction :) will post friday when i recieve the case and start on modding!

first things first im going to use all the stuff in my sig, found some black screws that looked cool never noticed anyone else using them.

the mobo, video card, ram, sound card, and wiring is all black already so its going to be the usual black on white got some white and black sleeving on the way and plan on some nzxt extensions to clean it up.

f918_1.jpg

controller.jpg

case.jpg

screws.jpg

sg.jpg

moar to come friday :)

In for pics today. :)

me too ups will be here in about 5-6 hrs sadly :'(
and usps about 4 hours with the sleeving and heatshrink

Last edited:
ok heres some pre pix before any customization just popped everything in and let her rip

will try to get some wiring done tomorrow but im not off work till tuesday

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

the window is going to be tricky theres maybe 5mm between the heatpipes and the side of the case :( just waiting on my black heat shrink now, got my white sleeving in today

list of mods
rotate hdd bay 90 deg
put resistors on led's on fan controller (holy moly its bright)
sleeve wires
make custom extensions
order nzxt 24 pin and 6 pin and 8 pin cpu extensions (white)
side window
paint top of 212+ black or white? ;)
paint pci slot covers black (on cards)

Last edited:
Got nothing done.today daughter was in the parade for little miss arkalalah and then.we had a family shindig afterwards hopefully get some work done tomorrow :)

Last edited:
today i tidied up the wiring and made one cable to connect power to the fan controller
IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

Very nice work Wagex.:)

thank you!

summore work done today i dont like the door trim it didnt like the turns and stuff gonna try something else..
does anyone have any ideas for the trim instead of that stuff? or should i just touch up the white where i cut and have it mount flush

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

Last edited:
I would just buff out the psu window then reapply the trim and the other window looks okay.:)
But its up to you also I see that the PC window trim has split at the bottom.
You may want to take that trim of flip it upside down align the two pieces and apply some glue on the inside and let it set before reapplying the trim.
I used to do design and textiles way way back and this is just a cheap trick I came up with.
I mean your not exactly going to have the trim inside out lol.:D

I would just buff out the psu window then reapply the trim and the other window looks okay.:)
But its up to you also I see that the PC window trim has split at the bottom.
You may want to take that trim of flip it upside down align the two pieces and apply some glue on the inside and let it set before reapplying the trim.
I used to do design and textiles way way back and this is just a cheap trick I came up with.
I mean your not exactly going to have the trim inside out lol.:D

sounds good il give it a try :)

the psu window is just a glare :)

i decided to do away with the molding becase it was causing issues with the side fitting so i just used some screws and drilled some 5-32 holes in it and threaded the screws into it came out pretty well am going to have to take it back off to smooth up the cuts and touch up the white along the cut, other than that i think its coming along well :)

wer.jpg

asd.jpg

23.jpg

:thup: Flush mounting with screws looks way better than the door trim molding. Good job, man.

thanks :) ive about bought ace hardware out of 6/32 allen heads now i think im gonna have to order them onlin which is alot cheaper but im impatient lol i need about 10 moar on the pannel

got bored tonight and stole an idea from nzxt and made a light sleeve :)
381622_10150909165425537_852620536_21315240_998339829_n.jpg 304013_10150909203855537_852620536_21315340_1431753580_n.jpg

i really need to start taking more pictures of the process of stuff im doing haha sorry for the little info :'(

Last edited:
Love the screws. I am surprised how well the little window came out, makes me want to do something like that.

375972_10150946320510537_852620536_21486475_1307460108_n.jpg

got bored the other day and extended out the side door fan cable to go around and into the fan controller. goign to mod the led's on it next, so i can go below a certain point without them turning red.

Back