• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding Schools Http Proxy - Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
look in the schools browser under connection seetings its also in control panel iirc, then look at proxy and kabaam oytu got it.,

This conversation should not be carried any further as it is talking about bypassing security policies of the school. The school's IT dept prolly or should have the necessary tcp/udp ports blocked for AIM, MSN messnger, pop3 etc. You are in school to learn, not to use their resources for chatting and personal email. /end rant

Actually, I disagree. I've accessed my personal email countless times in order to get a paper or some other important school thing before. Using a pop3 client to get your mail at school is just stupid, as anyone could get at your stuff....

Of course, I'm definitely not condoning bypassing their security. If it's a drastic case like "my printer broke, i don't have a floppy drive, and i've got no blank cd's, so i stuck my paper in my gmail account so i could print it in the library" that's a bit different, but how common is that?

Only a matter of time before this one gets locked..

I have to agree and disagree. While, no, I dont exactly agree with bypassing security, in some cases I can understand. Example: At my old highschool, they did not use any sort of protection against spyware/adaware/malware, so any computer you started up was dreadfully slow. So my friends and I had to find a way to bypass their security system (was a step of removing the network cable on startup so it could not connect to whatever server computer they ran the security levels on), and we installed adaware, firefox, free avg, and a few other things, to actually HELP the school against everybody. In a case like that, I could see why.

However, you also have to understand, this is the same school system that banned my friend from computers, cause he was "hacking." All he was doing was looking at 'My Computer', and he accidentally clicked on the A:, making it spin up. OMG, such a hacker, neh?

You are probably violating an acceptabile usage policy setforth by the schoolds IS dept and administration (hr). I would be cautious about how you proceed.

FWIW.....

Midnight Dream said:
I have to agree and disagree. While, no, I dont exactly agree with bypassing security, in some cases I can understand. Example: At my old highschool, they did not use any sort of protection against spyware/adaware/malware, so any computer you started up was dreadfully slow. So my friends and I had to find a way to bypass their security system (was a step of removing the network cable on startup so it could not connect to whatever server computer they ran the security levels on), and we installed adaware, firefox, free avg, and a few other things, to actually HELP the school against everybody. In a case like that, I could see why.

However, you also have to understand, this is the same school system that banned my friend from computers, cause he was "hacking." All he was doing was looking at 'My Computer', and he accidentally clicked on the A:, making it spin up. OMG, such a hacker, neh?

read what was posted - wants thunderbird access (pop3) and trillian (chat) on school resources,,,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back