• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sweaty Palms while gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sweaty palms while gaming

• Yes

Votes: 96 47.3%
  • no

Votes: 100 49.3%
  • Gaming whats that???

Votes: 7 3.4%

• Total voters
Sometimes they get sweaty, but not usually. I have an MX1000 and I pretty much just grip it with the tips of my fingers when gaming, I don't usually clamp my whole hand on it.

The same with XBOX controllers, I usually hold them fairly lightly. When I grab on and clamp down on whatever it is I am using to game, usually not only does my accuracy drop, but my hand gets all sweaty.

Oh, I do clamp on to my Microsoft Sidewinder racing wheel though, and yes I do get sweaty palms. Even if I wasn't holding on tight, lapping FE-Green with the Formula V8 in LiveForSpeed is enough to give anybody sweaty palms. :eek:

fuzzba11& HungryForHertz,

An old trick is to keep a napkin/handkerhief in your pockets to dry your hands while they're in your pockets. That way you don't have sweaty hands around the girls, etc. Works well for job interviews too!

I invested in a Steelpad 4S, the Aluminum mousepad, and my hand perspired so much that "sweat puddles" would form on the mousepad causing inaccuracy/random cursor movement. So I figured I would buy the Steelpad Gaming Glove to minimize the sweat, which only insulated my hands more, creating a "swamp like" imprint that caused even more problems. I even wore this at a Lan party, and people had a pretty good time cracking jokes. My favorite,"So when are you going to get some Gaming Shoes?"

I then bought the Steelpad QcK+, which is like fabric of a diving suit...problem solved.

Moral of the Story: If your hands sweat, dont buy the Steelpad 4S. And don't wear a gaming glove at a Lan party.

OcX said:
I invested in a Steelpad 4S, the Aluminum mousepad, and my hand perspired so much that "sweat puddles" would form on the mousepad causing inaccuracy/random cursor movement. So I figured I would buy the Steelpad Gaming Glove to minimize the sweat, which only insulated my hands more, creating a "swamp like" imprint that caused even more problems. I even wore this at a Lan party, and people had a pretty good time cracking jokes. My favorite,"So when are you going to get some Gaming Shoes?"

I then bought the Steelpad QcK+, which is like fabric of a diving suit...problem solved.

Moral of the Story: If your hands sweat, dont buy the Steelpad 4S. And don't wear a gaming glove at a Lan party.

Maybe it was your t-shirt that set them off....
lan-party.jpg

i found that the surface of my mates mx510 mouse (shiny) makes both his and my hand sweat like a mofo whilst gaming.... whereas my mx700 (matt finish) doesnt make our palms sweaty....

If it is a pretty intense part in a game, I will definitely get sweat palms. I dont think chubby/fatness has anything to do with it, cause I am skinny - 6" 125lbs.
I got an Nyko AirFlo controller and on low it is nice and quiet for constant hand cooling. High speed sounds like a hair dryer on low and good for a nice strong cool breeze on the hands for those seriously tense moments.

i don't have sweaty palms.

you have sweaty palms? are you embarrassed to shake someone's hand or extremely anxious about intamacey due to your clammy hands? you more than likely suffer from hyperhidrosis.

*off topic* this makes me wonder why people would want to buy used keyboards and mice... i hate using other people's kb's and mice and would never buy one for this reason along with the possibility of people watching pron... plus any other bad, nasty habits they have.

Last edited:
Kurz said:
I dont mean to offend the people who get sweaty hands.
Now thats out've the way I ask.

I have to ask those who get sweaty hands, are you... lets say a little chubby?
I am a skinny person so... I've never had a sweating issues.
Except for the NES... that controller is painful.

6'2", horribly skinny, river coming out of my palms when I play.

G7 for my mouse.. hmm, sometimes.. i remember playing doom 3 and fear.. were i am scard as **** and not knowin whats around the next.. i my palms sweat like crazy.. but if i am playing bf2.. most the times i am sniping, so i dont really move much.. but if i am being crazy.. or if i am playing a jet..

I usually sweat during gaming, but not my hands. I'm completely dry .. then I swear I get drips from my pits rofl. It's really weird :-/. I guess the intensity of 1v1 really gets me going? :p

Back