• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to buy hardware for mounting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

where do I buy hardware for mounting for mounting water blocks?
I just need a few pages so I can get started on this. I have no idea where to look for this stuff.

Most commercial blocks come with the hardware, but any computer enthusiasts site will have extra mounting hardware. Have you tried that one website... I think it's called GooGone... or Google or something along those lines. Just type in "waterblock mounting."

Good luck!

bryan d

For mounting plates, if it's a commercial block, then the creators should have extra plates available. Like if you got a Danger Den block, then their website should have it available, if not, just email them & they'd work it out. Hardware, many sites sell extra stuff, I know http://www.petrastechshop.com/ has quite a few kits available.

Not sure about backplates, I just make my own out of metal stock.

Not sure about backplates, I just make my own out of metal stock.

I made mine too, I used a bit of aluminum stock from a bay fan controller that I bought and turned out to be complete junk. To protect against shorts I glued some 1/8" thick neoprene I ordered from D-tek a while back to replace that which was on my 6800.

thanks.

what bout Adapters for different blocks? i know for sure 2 of 3 of these blocks will work. I need Adapters too.

You're not being very forthcoming with information. We can't really help you too much other than point you in the right direction unless you tell us what you have. Who made your blocks and what kind of blocks are they? Examples:

Swiftech - Storm
Swiftech - Apogee
D-Tek - Fuzion
Danger Den - Maze 4
etc

As has been stated, the manufacturers will usually have what you need. Or you could try www.petrastechshop.com.

sorry.
I just went and bought a hold ton of stuff so.

The 3 blocks I have are...

1. a KOOLANCE CPU-305-H06 i dont think that this will work on a AM2 that fine I can put it on the old P4.

2. a 'Universal White Water LE Copper Topped CPU water-block D-TEK. dont think this will fit too.

3. and I want to say the other is a Swiftech Storm G4 not sure. ( this is a cather block)

thanks dont mean to be not forthcoming. i'm winging this as my half *** first.

Last edited:
Just go to the hardware store and get:
  • Four 3" 6/32 Phillips head screws (preferably stainless steel)
  • Eight #6 nylon washers
  • Four 6/32 nuts (preferably stainless steel)
  • Eight #6 stainless steel or aluminum washers
  • Four #6 compression springs
  • Four 6/32 thumb nuts (I got brass ones)
mount3640x480.jpg

Back