• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nice Review of the DELL 2007WFP by SenC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The green on his banding test looks pretty severe to me, and the blue moderate-severe. He should try getting a gradient wallpaper and see if it's noticeable there too (like that AOL wallpaper someone showed in the Dell thread). As a graphic designer, this monitor wouldn't be acceptable to me nor as a gamer seeing as how the next-gen of gaming is so detailed and fluid in color. Why would I pay for something that has a well-known and confirmed defect? If he butted it up another monitor to compare, it'd probably be more obvious.

Edit: check out this guy's 2 shots (scroll near the bottom) of an opening sequence of a movie...unacceptable
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfo...ssage.id=54714&view=by_date_ascending&page=31

Last edited:
A nice review indeed. I have mine and love it so far. Read all the threads on the banding and i just can't find it in daily use. I'll just wait till Dell does something/nothing before i make a move. For now i'm loving this screen.

One thing i'm curious about though from that review.

(To acess the info screen: hold - and menu while pressing power,
when the input indicator logo dissapears let go and press +)

That doesn't work for me. I'm curious to see what panel i've got.

Edit: He's got it wrong in his thread. To check it is.

Power off.
Hold down "menu" and "+" buttons.
Power on (keep holding "menu +" till power up done).
Wait until the connector info dissapears off screen (dvi connector/Dsub).
Press "-" button.

Last edited:
Sucka, what do you think of the color accuracy of the 2007? I love my 2005 for it's scary-natural colors. It's hard to judge color accuracy, but my Canon i9900 printer is so good you tell by comparison to it. My on-screen colors on the 2005 coincide perfectly with the i9900's (flawless) output and I'm wondering if the 2007 would upset that.

larva said:
Sucka, what do you think of the color accuracy of the 2007? I love my 2005 for it's scary-natural colors. It's hard to judge color accuracy, but my Canon i9900 printer is so good you tell by comparison to it. My on-screen colors on the 2005 coincide perfectly with the i9900's (flawless) output and I'm wondering if the 2007 would upset that.

I wish i could be completly objective here but i honestly can't due to the fact that this is my first LCD i've owned. With that being said, compared to the ones i've used this LCD is great. Colors are sharp, viewing angles are great, style is sexy, gaming is smooth, pictures and web sites look great, it's far better than the laptops i own (which isn't saying much, but that's the extent of my LCD useage). I'm honestly not the one to ask this question to just based on the fact i can't give you an apples to apples comparision. But like i've been saying around forums the past week, i love this panel so far. For my normal usage patterns i can't find any issues with it. I bought this before i knew of the banding issues based on reviews i read (funny how none of them noticed the banding). I could take pics, but i just don't think that would do it justice. Sorry i can't be more thourough in my assesment of it. All i really can say is i like it :)

Cool beans, thanks for your input. I know how subjective a determination this is, and just wanted to see what your opinion is. Until I got my Canon printer I didn't have any way to be objective about it, either. The color accuracy of the i9900 (8 color) inkjet when using Canon paper and ink is beyond belief. It's a godsend for my cartography work. I was awed by the 2005 in that it delivers exactly the same color rendition on screen. The combination of the two devices reduces the number of proofs I print by a factor of 3. I had (quality) CRTs and Epson printers previously.

Back