• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Budget true 8 bit color monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EstebanOC

Registered
I've been looking for a good monitor for a while, I'm not gonna buy one until I know for sure I got what I want, now I realise PN panels have only 6bits and stuff and gaming will probarbly suffer with the colors atleast a little.

Now I need a true 8bit screen to make sure my games are optimal and a 16:9 HDMI screen would be nice. 22-24 inch is what I need.
Does anyone know a screen which has all these:
to sum it up...

-true 8 bit colors or more
-22,23 or 24 inch
-16:9 contrast ratio ( not a must )
-HDMI
-good enough for gaming with little or no blur
-priced at 500 bucks or less plz

Aren't CRT monitors true 8 bit? Cause they seem to be cheaper and stuff and have loads of advantages despite being "aged" now. Can't believe weight killed CRT monitors

The dell 2209WA sounds really awesome, I would not hesistate to get it if it would be available in my country in some shops. But the only way to get it is from the dell website itself, can it be trusted?

then I guess I will take it, but isn't the resolution of 1600x1050 give well noticable pixels on 22" screens? Or is it not that much of a deal

Back