• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No SATA3 for my Samsung 840 500GB SSD on ASUS P8z77-V LK motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gilo

Hi All,

I built this machine a while back, probably nearly a year ago. When I first set it up I remember managing to get my SSD to work on the SATA3 ports but then for some reason I ended up resetting the BIOS to it's defaults and now I can't get the BIOS to see the SSD at all when it is plugged into either of the SATA3 ports. The SSD works fine in the SATA2 ports (though clearly at a good deal less than it's optimum speed) so I haven't a clue what is up with it.

I am using a SATA3 rated SATA cable, I have SATA set in AHCI mode (though I have tried the other modes out of desperation with no success)

BIOS revision is up to date (version 1301)
SSD has been updated to firmware DXT09B0Q which I believe is the current version.

Just in case it is important the RAM is 2x4GB of Corsair 1600MHz in slots 2 and 4 (as specified by the mobo manual) and I am running Win 8 x64

Really would appreciate any help on this one. I have always managed to work these things out myself in the past but this has me completely stumped :(

Last edited:
With the drive connected to one of the SATA3 ports, try either loading optimized defaults or enable hot-plugging (SATA mode set to AHCI--> enable Hot Plug support). Save and exit, then re-enter the BIOS to see if the drive is recognized.

Back