• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG F4DE | By C4B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome mod! I like that, shortens the cable mess.

Is there any rubber molding around the hole you cut to route the other power cables?

Awesome mod! I like that, shortens the cable mess.

Is there any rubber molding around the hole you cut to route the other power cables?

Thank you! No there isnt, its a nice edge though so it shouldnt be a problem.

Time for a little update. I received the last hardware this week. Some Noiseblocker fans and a EK X-Res 100 DDC.

bzcu.jpg

Really love these fans. 2x 120mm and 1x 92mm PWM versions of Noiseblockers Blacksilent. Really fits this mod, still looks very clean though.

vxgl.jpg

This res pump combo is really nice too. I modified a DDC plexi mount from XSPC to install it in the case.

6xyw.jpg

thv6.jpg

jh30.jpg

This is how I will run the loop. Im going to finish the shroud and add some fittings to it to get the tubes through it and down to the radiator.

4w47.jpg

Really love these Noiseblocker fans!

m39q.jpg

This is also how the cable management will look on the inside.

n2l6.jpg

And here is the finished cablemanagement in the back.

0sxk.jpg

Im pretty satisfied with it now. The molex is for the 18W DDC pump. Dont have much left to do before this project is finished.

• Clean the case.
  • Repaint.
  • Finish the shroud.
  • Finish the loop.
  • Window?

What do you think about a window mod? Do it or dont do it? Full window or a smaller one?

I will be visiting Dreamhack Winter in november to show this project and my earlier build CURV3D at the Expo they have there for a sponsor. So Ill hope I see some of you there. I also want to thank Bit-Tech for nominating me to Mod of the Month August. Go and vote for your favorites!

I am also hosting a modding contest for those who live in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland at my website. Check it out, got prizes from Bitfenix, Cubitek and others.

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

Last edited:
Great work so far. These mini-itx builds make my mountain mods case look like an ancient behemoth. I really like the fact you went the extra step and soldered the power directly to the vid card.

Great work so far. These mini-itx builds make my mountain mods case look like an ancient behemoth. I really like the fact you went the extra step and soldered the power directly to the vid card.

Thank you! Well mountain mods are awesome too. :)

Hello!

It is time for another little update. I have been working on the loop a little bit, right now Im just waiting for the last three fittings then its time to fill it up!

I also finished the shroud/psu cover. Got some time today to work on the window too, just need to file and sand the edges.

Installed two fillports to the shroud and painted it black.

ozuu.jpg

6mgi.jpg

vvuc.jpg

This is how the full shroud looks like, I like it!

vzkb.jpg

This is how Im going to run the loop. Only thing left is from the CPU to the RES and down to the rad.

wabu.jpg

e5jz.jpg

I also started working on a window, this is the layout Im going for. Just need to trim the edges a little bit.

cucy.jpg

8tkb.jpg

What do you think?

The only things left to do is to fix the paintjob, finish the loop and fix those edges for the window. Almost done with this project, feels great!

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

Last edited:
Looks good and clean :thup: :thup: Amazing how much you can fit in that tiny thing!

Thank you cullam3n! :)

Its been too long since I updated, so here it is.

I have finished the loop, shroud and installed OS and so on. The last two things left to do is to fix some scratches and install some lights.

I dont want to use a u-channel around the window edges and I dont really know if I want to have it like now either, maybe a frame in the same finish as the radiator grill?

However, here are some pictures on how the case looks like 95% finished.

70af.jpg

7k3y.jpg

2420.jpg

cgu4.jpg

dtrk.jpg

I will probably get the lights next week so I will install that as fast as possible and then start working on the final pictures.

MSI provided me with the motherboard for this mod, a MSI Z77IA-S01 and I got some sweet news regarding to this. Dreamhack Winter is now in the end of november and they have a pretty nice Expo there with a lot of big companies. I got the privilege to show this casemod at MSI's booth there. Its going to be awesome, I hope I meet some of you there.

I hope that next update includes the final pictures! This is my first "official" casemod and Im really satisfied with it, I learned a lot. I still prefer scratchbuilds though. :rock:

Ill be back!

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

Last edited:
Well as of right now, I say this mod is finished. It has been a lot of fun to make a real casemod, I have of course built PC's in cases before, but not modded them that much, mostly been making scratchbuilds. But I learned a lot and I think there will be more casemods from me in the future.

I was not really satisfied with my pictures so I took some more this morning from different sides and angles. Im going to talk to some friends who maybe could work on the pictures in Photoshop to make them better.

I also want to say a big thanks to all my sponsors who helped me with all this. Wouldnt be possible without them!

ki6q.jpg

8y8k.jpg

hlj.JPG

23zm.jpg

fkd1.jpg

5vlh.jpg

0dqu.jpg

nfqn.jpg

aooc.jpg

vntp.jpg

v4c6.jpg

edz3.jpg

I also want to say thanks to everyone here for all the comments and help!

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

Last edited:
Very nice! I still love the silver grill on the front, really turned out great! :salute:

Now when is the OCF Raffle to give away this amazing build? :chair:

Hello everyone!

Im back and Im going to remake this build. What Im going to do is upgrade the hardware aswell as the watercooling gear. I will also go for the solid chrome copper tubing idea I had at the beginning.

The new hardware will be:
MB: MSI Z87I
CPU:Intel I5 4670K
GPU: Zotac GTX 760
RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinum
SSD: Samsung 840 120gb
PSU: Be-Quiet! Dark Power Pro P10 550W
CASE: Cubitek Mini Cube

I also want to take this opportunity to announce a new sponsor:

EKWB is sponsoring me with new watercooling gear for this build! Thank you!

wwyw.jpg

More updates will come soon!

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

Awesome! Are you going to use the same Cubitek case, or getting a new one?

Im going to use the same one, fix the paint on it though and fit bigger and better components in it. :)

Im still waiting for all the watercooling gear from EKWB so I havent started modding yet, I need the radiator to start measure out things. I could give you some pictures of the new hardware I got though.

I got Be-Quiets silencing kit, cause Im going to make two sets of sidepanels, one with windows and one without and with silence mats on it instead.

5rsh.jpg

The MSI Z87I looks really good, black caps is awesome!

1vd7.jpg

This GTX 760 from Zotac is really cool to, really short cooler and it still fit a waterblock if needed.

rlqo.JPG

I also want to say thank you to Caseking.de for giving me awesome prices on this hardware!

presse.logo02.gif

I hope I could start give you real updates soon!

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

Hello everyone!

I finished Cold Winter a few weeks ago so now I can focus on this build again. I have received everything from EKWB and I started working on the mod today.

I will use a 240mm XT radiator from EK now and those are 47mm thick instead of 30mm as the old one from Alphacool I had. It was already hard to fit everything with that radiator so how could I fit a thicker one?

Well I started to look around for slim fans. I knew Scythe made 10mm thick fans but I havent had good memory of those so I kept looking, finally found Prolimatech's Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 which are 15mm thick, perfect!

I ordered some of those and they really are nice, performs like regular 25mm thick fans. But it wasnt enough there either, what I did today was to cut down the frame of the fan to be able to "integrate" the fans with the radiator. I let the images explain.

qx1q.jpg

zved.jpg

6pg2.jpg

grhv.jpg

As you see there is a clear difference between these fans integrated in the radiator and regular 25mm thick fans. This actually takes less space than the 30mm radiator and regular fans.

Many might think that this will totally ruin the performance of the fans. Well I removed the fan frame, but it was replaced by the frame of the radiator. I also tried it out and it still blows a lot of air through the rad, so dont worry!

Another thing I will do is to run the custom loop with chromed solid copper pipes, I had that idea from the beginning but not the knowledge, I still dont have the knowledge. :D But maybe some bigger "cojones".

I started experiment some with the pipes today.

9nw2.jpg

lv69.jpg

kdvc.jpg

What do you think?

I will keep working on this project as much as I can, I want to finish it because this will be my new main PC to use. Right now Im repainting the inside of the case and Im also waiting for a aluminium frame that will go around the window.

With kind regards
Johan Nyman
Minimalistic PC's

Back