• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

desk top manager for 840pro help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firas

Good day i was messing around with the samsung 840 pro desktop manager . There was an option where it said faster access buy disabling other programes that the ssd dont need So I activated this
and now cant boot it says device missing I also cant boot into safe mood but i can boot into bios

need help please system restore dont work also

Well, find out. If it is not, put it there...at least make sure it is in the boot order. If it is and still will not boot, then I would try a repair install of windows to get the bootloader back.

So any help this was tha last thing i did before the problem

How do i get boot order back

Last edited by a moderator:
So any help this was tha last thing i did before the problem

How do i get boot order back
:facepalm:

Well, find out. If it is not, put it there...at least make sure it is in the boot order. If it is and still will not boot, then I would try a repair install of windows to get the bootloader back.
:thup:

As far as the boot order, it is in the bios.

Ok will do that also found this on google so i will try it out

bootrec.exe /Fixboot in cmd

thanks

Ok First time for everyting I guess My ssd gave out Lucky me I have warranti monday the y look and see if they can save date Either way i get a new one

still very sad coz i was set my set up was so good But i hadto fuxxk it up :'(

Last edited:
Yes coz I keep getting error
0xc000000f

i unplugded everything ssd hd video card did a recovery with acronis same error

Good day
I dont understand this at all , but any way I got it to work again.
I did 3 different recoveries that didnt work I also went to my first backup when I first instaled windows still the ssd wont load

last night I did a fresh install from CD it loaded and worked , I lost all my data so Owell

dont know what in the world just happened to this SSD to act like this

Since I lost all my date that was with windos I was wondering can I set up raid 0 on 2 SSD's one is 119gb and the other is 111gb ??? will this work and use my 1TB for backups

thank u

I don't think R0 is a good idea for you at this time. Unless you actually can use the throughput it provides (frequently reading lots of large files/transfers/manipulation) it is not for everyone. I assume, judging by the size of the drives you have two different drives...that is never a good idea for R0.

Firas, if I was you, I would get basic computing down before moving on to Raid.

EarthDog I agree with you But Hear Me out on my Situation that I keep running into

So I have Windows on One SSD and My Games On the Other SSD But this is Giving me a Lot of Hansel when it comes to Backing up ( Because i have to do 2 times backups one for each ) and every time windows fail I am stuck and Must reinstall from Scratch

You see this is to much time and energy for me , What do You Suggest Please ? How should I arrange my HDDs and my SSDs

I have 1 hdd 80gb
2 ssd one is 119gb and the other is 111gb
1 TB and 2 500gb

I am asking how to arrange them Because of the Data Lost I had so I am in the Process of reinstalling it is EZ now to arrange then after

Many thanks

sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync

LadyFitzgerald told me about that nifty program.
After you tell it what to copy, it's one click.

It simply copies all folders & files you tell it, and overwrites the old ones when new ones are made.

It's very fast too, takes me 5 minutes to backup 1 TB of files, and that's from my slow @$$ WD green drives!

Many thanks Silver I will download now But still I have to do 2 times Back ups is that correct ?? or just one time for both SSDs ??

Firas... read what he said...:
LadyFitzgerald told me about that nifty program.
After you tell it what to copy, it's one click.

It simply copies all folders & files you tell it, and overwrites the old ones when new ones are made.

It's very fast too, takes me 5 minutes to backup 1 TB of files, and that's from my slow @$$ WD green drives!

yes I did understand this so if i run into a problem how would i do a recovery this is where i am confused since it is 2 different places Not one this is where i am confused

But I need to read about the program and how to use it I have already Installed it

Back