• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 275.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HardOCP has it in their HD4890 review too. It looks like a great card, I see little reason to get the GTX 280 or 285 for more money.

ATi has more improvements in the drivers I think. Popular titles like Fallout 3 and Call of Duty 4/5 are optimized already, hence the 4890 matches/beats the GTX285 in those. While in lesser known ones like Dead space, its beaten by the GTX260 itself.
I would love to see 4890 at 1000 Mhz core vs GTX 275 at 700c/1600s fight it out. That'll tell the real value for $250

ATi has more improvements in the drivers I think. Popular titles like Fallout 3 and Call of Duty 4/5 are optimized already, hence the 4890 matches/beats the GTX285 in those. While in lesser known ones like Dead space, its beaten by the GTX260 itself.
I would love to see 4890 at 1000 Mhz core vs GTX 275 at 700c/1600s fight it out. That'll tell the real value for $250

Yeah, scanning over various benchmarks most titles are similar, a few favor NV, and a few favor ATi strongly. On average they are close but some titles are just way different between the two. I also noticed that driver revision matters a good deal so it's important to check that in reviews.

Im was about to start my evga step up when I realized that they are only offering the gtx with 896ram. I definitely want the one with 1792 for only $50 more. I originally paid $260 for the card in my sig, so the step up should be pretty cheap and well worth it.

I also ran across this article. Of course one must take into consideration the source, but I'd be a little wary nonetheless until I saw a final word one way or the other. I wouldn't wanna get stuck with a lower-end part under the same name.

ATi has more improvements in the drivers I think.
God if I had a dollar for every post I have seen at 234234 sites that it DIDNT come through, I would be retired. And this goes for Nvidia as well.

My POV is simply what I get is what I get. Im not holding out or even hoping that I get improvements. If it comes, it comes.

Back