• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the chances of receiving a 1600+ agoia from newegg nowadays?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tru2ya said:
I have no idea whats holding me back then. =(
Not sure, mines a week 24 also ..same chip.. Try burning it in with Prime95 @ default FSB and 1.85v (just keep a good eye on your temps) ..I've had success doing this with stuburn chips ...

How long should i run it and should i keep my ram timings at 2t-2t-2t-5t? I running it on air and its 35c idle and 40c on load.

Tru2ya said:
How long should i run it and should i keep my ram timings at 2t-2t-2t-5t? I running it on air and its 35c idle and 40c on load.
Generally when your burning a chip in you want to leave it on over night for 3 or 4 nights..Any longer then that and I don't think there is much of a benefit. As far as your ram timings I just set it to cas2 and left everything else as is..

I was able to get through the first part of 3dmark of the low detail trunk game this time for leaving prime95 on for about 4 hours at 10.5 x 166. So i guess its magical :)

Also i seem to remember someone saying that he used 3dmark and prime95 at the same time to burn in his chip. You think thats a good idea?

Tru2ya said:
I was able to get through the first part of 3dmark of the low detail trunk game this time for leaving prime95 on for about 4 hours at 10.5 x 166. So i guess its magical :)

Also i seem to remember someone saying that he used 3dmark and prime95 at the same time to burn in his chip. You think thats a good idea?
I dont think theres really any need to run both ..Prime95 keeps your CPU at 100% usage, cant stress it any more then that ;)..I'm gona run Prime with my ram set as you posted (T2 T2 T2 T5) and see how it holds up.. I ran 3dmark with Zero problems...I havn't really had time to mess around with it to much yet.....

Tru2ya said:
On my RMA they said that they would ship it out fedex saver, so i guess that will probably be 4 days for me because i'm from FL. :(

Fed Ex Express Saver is a guaranteed 3 day delivery. It shouldn't matter if the item is being shipped from CA to FL.

rufunky thanks a lot for the info. I appreciate it. I have one more question though =). Should i be running the torture or benchmark test and keep the settings at default?

i cooked mine. i had the fan off while modding the case and i bumped the power switch. on for 2 seconds and a nice stinky odor. fried out the cpu and MB. thank god it only cost $120 to get a new board and 1800+ cpu.

~z

Tru2ya said:
rufunky thanks a lot for the info. I appreciate it. I have one more question though =). Should i be running the torture or benchmark test and keep the settings at default?
no problem ;) .....Run the torture test not the benchmark..The reason most of us use the torture test is because if at any time during the test you receive a error it automatically stops the test letting you know your system is unstable and most likely overclocked to far..I don't believe it matters if you keep it at default speeds the key is to turn up the core voltage to keep the chip nice and warm..

Tru2ya said:
Well i was able to get mine up to 10.5 x 159(locked) with the vcore set at 1.85v in bios. I can boot to windows at a higher fsb, but 3dmark closes.

Btw, hallen whats your current system?

My everyday system is an A7M266 with an older XP1600+ @ stock. That's in an enclosed case. My Seti crunchers are all set up open on a test bench.

GameVE is back to their original price of $53. shipped for an AGOIA 0226

https://www.gameve.com/store/gameve_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=61

I bought one. Even if it isn't as good as the 0213 'Y' I still think these are the best computer buys I've ever seen.

Harvey

edit: I called GameVE and they said the 0226's were 'Z' code.

Last edited:
I attempted to unlock the processor, but I was unsuccessful :( . I'm not sure what i did wrong and it took a long time to do it. I first used a circuitsealer to fill in the pits. Then i used a pin to scratch the dots. It was hard to scratch the dots in a controlled area so i was able to see a lot of visible scratches around the dots. I then tried 5 times with the conductive pen ink with a tooth pick and finally got it. When i finally put everything back to together, the only multiplier i was able to use other than 10.5 was 11.0. All that work for nothing. :mad:

Is it a green chip? I've noticed that they are harder to unlock. Someone said that they thought there was some kind of sealer on them or something. I had a couple that were giving me trouble unlocking, so I rubbed some sandpaper across the whole area, contacts and all. Then I unlocked them again, and they both worked.

Got mine from newegg today.

AGOIA 0221MPM

brown organic pcb

will try installing tonight and see how far I can get on a fsb o/c

Yep its a green chip, but i thought i was scratching the hell out of the dots. Maybe i need conductive greese instead of the conductive pen ink. Plus the conductive ink dries too fast, its hard to apply in time. Conductive grease doesnt dry as fast right?

I tried raising the fsb with the 11.0 multplier since i was able to use it. I was able to do 154 x 11 which was a little higher than what i did with the 10.5 x 159. So does that mean that the processor hit its max speed(about 1.7g) even if i unlock it? Like lets say i can lower the multiplier and get a higher fsb but i won't be able to run the cpu over 1.7g no matter what?

Tru2ya

It sounds like it if your memory could make it to 159 @ 10.5 and you were only able to get it to 154 @11.

I've been testing my new AGOIA out tonight and have been able to get it to 1735 (165x10.5 @1.75v). But my memory maxes out there, and this is on an old KK266 board, so all the busses are way out of spec and I'm having some problems I think are related to that.

Makes me want to go buy a KT400 board and some good DDR! ;)

Maybe i wasn't able to change the mutiplier because i scratch to the point where now the scratch marks reveal the metal. I heard someone say in one of these post that can short the cpu, but maybe it was just interferring with the closing of the bridges.

Back