• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FINALLY!!!!! 1.9Ghz.....my poor ears lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

Well I just got in a SK-7 HS and slapped a 80mm sunon 84cfm on it and...WOW!!!!!! I was finally able to hit 1.9 GHz @ 200x9.5 :D
Temps after 2hrs of prime is 39C load, and about 33-34 idle.
Well I'm off to see if I can squeeze some more out of my cpu.

Oh, and I think I might be going deaf shortly lolol, the case is going to have to move to the floor I think hehe

Edit- BTW this is my primary rig, 1600+....wonder why the cpuid shows as 1900+ lol

Last edited:
oh and hes the wcpuid
1900.JPG

Fever said:
Rheostat (sp?) !!! ;)

With those temps I hope you can reach 2 GHz. :D

well my PSU is limiting me at 1.9 :( (300watt lol)
BUT!! My emermax 420 watt should be here tomorrow :D
My 5v line really turns to crap when I start benching hehe.

Awsome!I'll order one tomorrow.How much did you pay?

after tax...130 :( lol, I bought it locally because I was impatient and its a hasle to find a place that will ship USPS (UPS wont deliver on campus)...but it worked out pretty good, the 1st board died within 3 days (not cause of OCing) and they replaced it right then and there

Its a great board though, I luv it, hopefully my psu will be in tomorrow so I can try for 2gig

Also just to see if the system could handle more fsb, I hit: 9x210 :burn:

Last edited:
Congrats on hitting 1.9GHz. And you can thank your SK7 and 84cfm fan for that.

I was stuck at 1.88GHz until I got my SK-7 and Delta 80cfm fan and now I'm at 1.963MHz.

Amazing what excellent cooling can do your your o/c.

Hey codeman what are your volt settings for the mem and cpu?Did you do a volt mod to the mother board?

Wow. That is awesome. Wish I could do that.

I can get mine to 11.5x174. I can post at 10.5x187 but windows wont load.

Are you using the fastest ram timings or slowest? I cant get anything higher then 11x171 stable though. I think if i could get more vcore it would do great.

Thanks guys :D
I'm at 1.85volts and may try the volt mod over the Christmas or Thanksgiving break when I can get some free time. About the ram, I'm running inbetween, I think that benchie though was with slow. I'm currently running: 2-3-5-3-1t
My psu can in today!! I'll try and get it in this afternoon, should help a bit, my 5v drops to low 4.70s to high 4.60's when I start running prime or benchmarks, so thats holding me back a bit, I'll also try some different multi's out just to see if that would help me get a higher cpu speed

congrat's but I agree with maxima88 I run my 1600+ at 1.9ghz with an slk-800 and a 80mm fan running at only 1500rmp's silent to the ear can't even here my pc and the temp's never brake 47c.. I can run over 2ghz easy but Ill take the 100mhz for peice and quiet and day....

here's a sample 2ghz 1600+ 3dmark bench
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4439821

qwerty57 said:
congrat's but I agree with maxima88 I run my 1600+ at 1.9ghz with an slk-800 and a 80mm fan running at only 1500rmp's silent to the ear can't even here my pc and the temp's never brake 47c.. I can run over 2ghz easy but Ill take the 100mhz for peice and quiet and day....

here's a sample 2ghz 1600+ 3dmark bench
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4439821

Nice!! hopefully, I'll hit 2GHz this weekend. I'll probably look into a rheostat later, I just moved my case so the noise isn't that bad

damn qwerty incredible temps for such a fan and clock. what is ur ambient temp and vcore?

Back