• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unstable and Thermal throttling FX 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're going to have to attach the pics directly like this

advance.JPG

Cappic.JPG

Even the pics that I could see at home earlier in the post aren't all owed when I'm at work the website is blocked.

Well that's a pretty good spead of TIM. That shouldn't be an issue. So this issue is intermittent right only happens at certain times or is it with specific software? I would also bump the ram up to 1.55v just to see if that helps. If it's intermittent and not specific software I would point toward the ram or possibly a heat issue.

Starting to think there is something wrong with the RAM settings.

Novabench reported a transfer speed of only 8000mb/s. (not sure what this should be but i remember it being a lot higher)
Memtest 86+ reported no errors, but it did fail to show me the transfer speed.

When i first installed the ram it gave me the wrong clocks.
So i put them @ 9.9.9.24.33

But for all i know everything else in the Dram settings TAB might be wrong aswell.

Edit : also tried Prime95 Large FFT, Instant ILLEGAL SUMOUT error on the last 4 cores.

Last edited:
From the screen shots you posted earlier the Primary Ram timings are set correctly. A bump in Dram Voltage to 1.55 can help as Johan suggested. What to you have the Cpu NB voltage set at? If it's still at 1.15 v as posted in the previous BIOS SS try raising it to 1.25 v may need as much as 1.35 v because you're running 4 sticks which will stress the IMC more. Though raising the Cpu Nb voltage will also increase temps.

From the screen shots you posted earlier the Primary Ram timings are set correctly. A bump in Dram Voltage to 1.55 can help as Johan suggested. What to you have the Cpu NB voltage set at? If it's still at 1.15 v as posted in the previous BIOS SS try raising it to 1.25 v may need as much as 1.35 v because you're running 4 sticks which will stress the IMC more. Though raising the Cpu Nb voltage will also increase temps.
Yes it is still @ 1.15 which is stock. i have removed 2 sticks of ram and set the voltage to 1.55V.

I will try to up the Cpu/Nb voltage .

Are those ram sticks matched pairs for dual channel? If not then sub timings can be messed up and causing random crashes.

That's good, are they still in pairs?

Yes they are.

i have now put the cpu/nb voltage @ 1.25V.
cant really test it with prime 95 since it just gets too hot. (75 degrees, and 70 package)

But the prime 95 large FFT error is gone for as long as i can test it.

And for now the game doesnt crash my pc.

Well as long as it doesn't crash for what you're using it for then, you're good to go.

See if you can drop it to 1.2v maybe save a bit of heat. IIRC your NB speed wasn't really too high was it?

Ok then I would definately try a bit lower voltage for the CPU_NB. Even as low as 1.18 just to see if you can have stability and less heat.

Back