• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A8 6600K Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On my last 2 AMD boards Overdrive didn't work for changing timings. I could change it but nothing was happening. If you are using ASRock board then their soft can work. However I always change timings in BIOS as it's always better option.

I do not dare to change the timings now, I just got back from holiday, and I still have the same setup with the same overclock settings.

And now I get artifacts, and I do not know why, I tried everything on the GPU part, even reset the overclock to stock on the graphics card.

Why does this happen...

Yes, I though so, because there isnt a need for it,

BUT now I got a problem, I am kinda stuck here... First of all I will sum up the current overclocking specs:

CPU: 4.5 Ghz on 1.35V
Memory: 1866 Mhz on (stock Voltage) 1.5V
GPU: 1249 Mhz
GPU memory: 1800 Mhz
CPU NB: 2000 -> 1800 (back to stock since I dont know how much voltage I have to give it whilst I didnt get a Boot yesterday since I went from 1800 to 2000)
CPU temperature idle: 41
GPU temperature idle: 65 -> 68 ( always was 65 )

APM mode : off
C6: off

Now here is the issue: When I stared messing with the CPU NB clockspeed from a subtle 1800 to 2000 Mhz, since I dont know what the stock Voltage is , I dont know how much to give it more.

And another strange thing was when I turned the PC on and tried a benchmark it crashed, I directly knew what is was, the Voltage for the CPU was to low , somehow the stock voltage was calculated and boosted with easy tune 6 and the +0.036V was to lean.

But now the GPU is getting a little bit hotter, It was already overclocked from the beginning with afterburner and a did super stable job, but the temperature when from 65 to 68..

And when I started my favorite game Rome 2 total war today, I get red artifacts.
Also with Watch dogs (but they both run so much smoother)

even though I played Rome 2 yesterday with a charm,

So what is happening here, how can help me with this last hassles...:comp:

Because the current overclocking Specs I am really contend with:bday:

But guys, it's now a month later, and I got my GPU on stock speeds, but the graphics card was first overclocked without a problem..

So there are no artifacts now, but I really enjoying the overclock speeds.
So where in the process of my overclock did it whent wrong?? because I still am clue less

Well honestly to be most logical you could overclock the video card but at some point you began to get some sort of artifacts. Now you have set the video card back to stock/default speeds and the artifacts are now gone. That just about always points to the video card failing.
RGone...

Well honestly to be most logical you could overclock the video card but at some point you began to get some sort of artifacts. Now you have set the video card back to stock/default speeds and the artifacts are now gone. That just about always points to the video card failing.
RGone...

Well this is just ridiculous, I even get artifacts with the game Men of war 2 assaul squad..............:mad:

And the Overclock on the graphics card is on stock...

Bad Power supply?

Some of the texture processing is done by the cpu and thus uses the motherboard ram. Have you used Memtest86+ on the motherboard ram?
RGone...

Some of the texture processing is done by the cpu and thus uses the motherboard ram. Have you used Memtest86+ on the motherboard ram?
RGone...

No I have not, is that a test for failures or something? Pherpas do you have a Link of the program?

Are you trying to run the GFX card and the IGP together?

I would check the bios to make sure the signal is set to the stand alone card. Just to make sure. It might only have an auto setting but I'd check what adapter it is set for.

I would check the bios to make sure the signal is set to the stand alone card. Just to make sure. It might only have an auto setting but I'd check what adapter it is set for.

Thanks Johan, for thinking with me here.

So I came a cross in the Peripherals section: Primary Video Device.

And it was on: NB PCIe Slot video (other option was IGD Video)

Integraded Graphics showed: AUTO. So I disabled it

However I also could Force it : to 48M 128M 2G etc.. do not know what that means though, to force it. Could the graphics then be alot better with forced Integrated graphics card? my off CPU card is a MSI R7 260X .

You can add the two together but first you would need to see if they're compatible and second we should get you video issue solved prior to doing something like that. That forcing thing is for memory IIRC for the IGP to use from system memory.

EDIT: did some reading and that GPU is to new for a crossfire with the IGP in the 6600k

Last edited:
You can add the two together but first you would need to see if they're compatible and second we should get you video issue solved prior to doing something like that. That forcing thing is for memory IIRC for the IGP to use from system memory.

EDIT: did some reading and that GPU is to new for a crossfire with the IGP in the 6600k

Well As you can see, I still got a artifact line on the screen, really irritanting tough it took a lot longer to come out this time.

Attachments

• artifactos.png
    artifactos.png
    373.6 KB · Views: 631
Back