• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo low fps! whats up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

What is up with Halo? I just installed it and it runs at like 20 fps? My system should do a bit better than that! UT2K3 has better graphics and runs way better!

The 52x Detinators are supposed to give a boost in performance. It runs pretty slow on my rig too! I've been playing at 800x600. I'm going to check out the new 52.14 Dets when they're released. For now though, if you want to see it they help, there's a 52.14 beta version at guru3d.com. ;)

Most stores will only give you store credit, even if you lie and say it's "defective."

Give Halo a chance, and bear in mind, you've got a dx8 card; Halo is a dx9 game...

Is your card oc'ed? If not, see what you get if you oc it a little. Knock it down to 800x600... that's still a decent resolution (unless you've got a 22" monitor). Try playing with your settings, or forcing it to launch using 1.1 pixel shaders, instead of 2.0. Any of these will help your results.

everyone seems to be having problems with halo....i was running halo at 1280x960 with all settings on high and i only noticed a little slow down when me and 3 friends were driving around in the trucks hitting each other in bloodgulch

It runs really really laggy on my computer. Mind you I have a Radeon 8500, but still, all other games work fine in 1024x768 with no lag. Halo lags on medium visual settings at 800x600. I love the game and its really fun to play. The storyline is also pretty interesting, but the video lag is really annoying. Good luck!

Matt

I backed off some settings and turned the resolution down to 1280x1024, and my FPS has gone up to an acceptable level so I am going to keep it and give it a chance. Thanks for the repsonses.

You'll see better performance at a lower res. Download the 52.14 drivers when they come out too. They're supposed to give Halo a good jump in performance.

Just a note, i downloaded and ran the 52.14's off innovisions site and lost all video. The disclaimer says guru's have been modified. If anyone runs them, let em know how it works.

Falcon-K said:
everyone seems to be having problems with halo....i was running halo at 1280x960 with all settings on high and i only noticed a little slow down when me and 3 friends were driving around in the trucks hitting each other in bloodgulch
Same here(cept at 1152x864), but in sigle player I have to turn the res, and quality down some. It is smoothest on mine if I just set it to lock at 30fps, and put the refresh rate to 85hz.

mrgreenjeans said:
Just a note, i downloaded and ran the 52.14's off innovisions site and lost all video. The disclaimer says guru's have been modified. If anyone runs them, let em know how it works.

Yea, I think I'll wait for the official release of the 52.14's. I'm curious to see if Omega 52.14's come out, and if they will give a further performance gain.

this game stink on the pc i really feel it was a waste of money, graphics look like crap at max detail and runs not-so-smooth.
if you owned halo on xbox stick with it cuz it's better

highacker said:
this game stink on the pc i really feel it was a waste of money, graphics look like crap at max detail and runs not-so-smooth.
if you owned halo on xbox stick with it cuz it's better

i think it was a dissappointment but i still think its an awsome game, but two years after the xbox version we have a game that has worse graphics, no co-op mode, but a few more weapons, viechles and levels and runs like crap on most systems(not mine though :) )

Use the drivers from Guru3d. They work great on my FX5900. I can now run multiplayer at 1024 x 768 with AF at 8x with 2.0 shaders. I can even do that out doors on the single player campaign. (Inside I have to slide down to 960 by 720).

yeah this game needs some tweaking but the online play makes it worth it. i dont know who keeps saying the graphics are better on xbox cause me and my friends played halo for xbox like crazy beat everything on legendary multipile times and everyone agrees that the PC graphics are better.

granted they are a bit behind pc graphics as for a pc game that just came out should be but they look good enough to me.

idioteQnology said:
yeah this game needs some tweaking but the online play makes it worth it. i dont know who keeps saying the graphics are better on xbox cause me and my friends played halo for xbox like crazy beat everything on legendary multipile times and everyone agrees that the PC graphics are better.

granted they are a bit behind pc graphics as for a pc game that just came out should be but they look good enough to me.

maybe im just so close to my monitor compared to my tv that it doesnt look all that good

Back