• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MMORPG Players I need your experiance!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Guys I need a MMORPG game. Free or not I need one. To fill woid after CS and StarCraft.

I tried SW:Galaxies, but there was nothing to do there... I payed a LOT to import it here to Europe this summer and played it for like 2 weeks. GOt owned by rats and insects and I quit.

I played Diablo I and II for a loooooooooong time and I like RPGs ( not Diablo only =P ) and being MMO ( meet and chat with people ) just makes me want to play one. So because I don't have much money to buy them ( and keep paying for all of them ) I need advice, and there is where you guys come in :)

Well living in Europe and not knowing which one to chose (when I can't have them all) is my problem...

FFXI is out of question for now, because it is not out in EU yet and there is no announcement on a release date on it yet :/

I have checked stores around me and found out that I can buy following games so I need tips on which would you recommend me to buy...

1.Everquest: Lost Dungeons of Norrath Expansion
2.Shadowlands - Anarchy Online Expansion
3.Asherons Call 2 Fallen Kings
4.Dark Age of Camelot : Shrouded Isles
5.The Notum Wars - Anarchy Online Expansion
6.Everquest New Dawn

I notice that most of theese are expansions but if you recommend some of them I would order originals from somewhere online.

I hope you don't mind me asking.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Ive played EQ for about 3 years+. I took a year off not to long ago due to burn out from playin to much for to long. The only downsides to EQ (as with all the MMORPG's as far as i know) is bumping into some idoit that gets on your nerves, patches, and dealing with the idiot you bumped into that got on your nerves. Great game, I just seen a new box set a EB games for $30 that brings you up to the expansion just before LDON, beleave me when i say you can wait a bit before getting LDON cause that is a ton of other places to look around for a long time, after 3 years I still haven't been to half the zones out there.

Is there any free demo for Dark Age of Camelot ? Like Asherons Call have ?

Thank you guys for your help !

I'm a DAOCer myself. The game is really fun. The SI expansion is nearly required for DAOC, since the original game engine was so crappy (you'd have to reboot every hour or so due to a major memory leak).

i tried EQ over the summer for the first time and found it a little difficult as prolly the only noob anyways i didnt stick with the game too long :p you might want to try the original aherons call also, graphics are a little dated but its a fun game none the less

If you are up for a WWII MMO game WWII online can be downloaded over the net and tried for free even at certain times I believe. That would be much cheaper then importing a game and I hear its a pretty good game now. Gfx aren't the greatest, but your clip plane is like 2 miles which is very nice in a war game.

EQ is very good if you have tons of time to put into it. If you only have like 2 hours a day or so don't bother. A good clone that requires a lot less time and has PvP is DAoC.

If you don't like the slow paced EQ clones, AC1 was a lot of fun and especially good for the PvP world. When old time UO players describe the great PvP days of UO it reminds me a lot of the Darktide (PvP) server of the original AC.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do before you buy.

Everquest has the most ppl playing on it however you will be among few people who are actually new to the game. I played DAoC before the expansion packs and I hated it. There was nothing to do and people wernt friendly at all. All I found it to be was a race to lvl 50 so you could go RvR. Lame IMO. I played AC for 3 years it was a good game. AC2 is actually a really good game and it looks superb. The only downside to it is that not very many ppl play it. If I were you before I payed any money on anything pick up the free 14 day trial version of AC2 and see for yourself wether its cool or not.

Since you like games like Diablo2, you could always give Ultima Online a try...You can download a Free Trial and play free for 15 days, and if you like it, you can continue to use the free copy to play instead of buying another one. Although I don't like it very much at all now, I played for 4 years and got tired of it and you might like what it has become ;) .

Yep, UO was a great game. I also played it for 4 years and i dont like what it has become (with AOS). So i quit....which reminds me...i gotta activate my account so i can sell 16 mil on ebay! :)

Better hurry up with that, the value of Gold has been going down quite a bit lately, last I checked it was around $12-13 on most servers. Lucky for me I sold it all of mine off right before everyone realized how AoS was like :p ;) :D

Well hi mates. Finally I decided.
I really can't explain it but I went back to Star Wars: Galaxies. After trying a few games:
AC2, AO, Priston Tale...

I don't know... I tried to get my hands on DAoC but I couldn't ( everywhere I asked they only had expansion pack ) and I didn't want to risk it ( they don't have any free trial ) so I just reactivated my account and am back online. Still I'm weak and poor but so far I'm having fun :)

Thank you for your time and for your help.
If there is anyone playing SW:G please leave message I have a few Qs to ask =)

There was a SWG thread with some people who were playing. You might want to do a search SWG* and revive the thread for your questions.

Back