• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Futuremark Announces 3DMark 11 Release Date

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

This morning we received a press release from Futuremark announcing the release date of its newest benchmark, 3DMark 11 - November 30th, 2010. That's right, we've got less than two weeks until we have another bench to torture our hardware with!

There's also a new trailer that "shows off a number of improvements from the previously released work-in-progress tech demo videos. The Deep Sea scene now includes particle effects in the water as submersibles explore the sea bed and discover a sunken World War II submarine. In the High Temple scene the foliage is now animated and there are changes in... ... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning we received a press release from Futuremark announcing the release date of its newest benchmark, 3DMark 11 - November 30th, 2011. That's right, we've got less than two weeks until we have another bench to torture our hardware with!

I'm pretty sure you mean 2010 :p

I hadn't even watched the video yet. That is some very nice looking rendering going on there. I fear my hardware won't quite make it look that good at 10FPS. :p

idk, there's some stuff in 03 that looks pretty good and current stuff RIPS through. I think the focus on this one will be tesslation, which will put the fermi cards at a HUGE advantage over the ati cards.

I mean...that was an architectural decision on ATI's part and a supposition by me (on the tessellation bit), I was just guessing since that's the premier feature of dx11 that they would...if the environment's fully tessellated it's gonna DESTROY cards though...nvidia has a fully tessellated demo out and their environ is SO basic it's stunning...

Tesselation is their main goal for 6xxx i think

you sure about that? I thought amd was taking the stance that tessellation really isn't that important or utilized and as long as it can be done in at least a limited capacity they're not gonna do much more to improve it, least for the 5xxx series. I figured it was the same for the 6xxx being nothing more than a refresh

well, it's not an architecture change, it's an optimization...and isn't the 6870 running higher clocks on less cores? gtx4xx still beats it in tessellation i think... and the gtx580 does for sure

Bump. Futuremark just sent out a press email. It seems they have run into some difficult bugs and are working them out prior to launch. As such, they "made the difficult decision to postpone the launch of 3DMark 11 by a few days."

They're doing this to avoid having to update almost immediately after release, which is preferable for us of course. No word on the new date, but they will update when they know more. We will do the same!

I was eager to give it a try.
They are giving Shatter Horizon out for free for those who bought the ver.11, at least they did for me, for the delay. Too bad I already have the game.

Sooooooo 12/7. ;)

Hello

It took us a little longer than planned, but 3DMark 11 has now gone
gold. Earlier today we announced that 3DMark 11 will be released at
14:00 GMT on Tuesday December 7, 2010.

From that time onwards you will be able to download 3DMark 11 from the
Futuremark website and start submitting results to the new online
service. You will need the upgrade code from your pre-order
confirmation email to activate the Advanced Edition so make sure you
have it to hand on Tuesday.

Till then, happy benchmarking!

Warm Regards,