• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD x101 on 3930k at 4.4 vcore 1.355...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"How long has it run Prime95 at that setting?"

A+ ^ a good stable oc must be able to run any programs/games and not getting any bosd on any thing. The only way to do that is torture test it on P95 or other torture programs. If you can pass 1-2hrs P95. Chance are you will not get any bosd, at least it was for me.

Running now 2h of prime95, small fft test on max load vcore 1.344 4.4Ghz.

But why my temps are going like the vcore was set on 1.38v? on prime it goes up to 88 degrees...

Looks like you need to reseat the heatsink (that's why I don't like push pin heatsinks!) or not enough TIM paste.

I mean, when rendering on 100% i have max 73, only in prime small fft the heat goes so high!

The paste is new since 2 weeks, and it overall improved my temps by 5 deegrees. Maybe the psu, board heatsinks and cpu are heating each other?? They are pretty together and as said - only prime sets it so high...

It isn't about the power issue but the bsod. Power shutdowns ar ok now. read carefully before posting please

Did you confirm that the PSU isn't causing your BSOD's?

Swap a known good working PSU in your rig, and see if the BSOD's stop.

Flaky hardware will cause BSOD's (ie, cheap PSU's) as mentioned before above.

EDIT: :facepalm: sorry, didn't see the 3rd page :-/

Show us a pic when it finishes.

Well, too late for that, didn't test it longer than 2h due the unnecessary heat. I have now big project going on, so sooner or later i will see if it' 100% stable.

So, It's been a month of really heavy rendering, working on 100% cpu, 3 bigger projects and I must say there has been NONE bsod since my last post. Hope it will be permanent, and cheers to Mr.Scott, who was so eager on the psu:)

So, It's been a month of really heavy rendering, working on 100% cpu, 3 bigger projects and I must say there has been NONE bsod since my last post. Hope it will be permanent, and cheers to Mr.Scott, who was so eager on the psu:)

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear everything is working!!

Back