• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCF takes out the US leg of the Gigabyte Overclocking Events

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seems awesome, glad OCF got represented, next time hopefully I can attend something like this :)

what were the test setups... those scores are kinda low arent they?

But how come you guys get to have all the fun?

I finally got back home a few minutes ago. Meeting and benching with everyone was incredible.

Haha I was messing with something and either Gautam or Chris was like "Hey! Your board is smoking!" They cleared the room out to let wait for the smell to go away. I definitely should have changed the CPU when I got a new board because it ran like crap after that and I couldn't even get an 06 score worth posting :bang head I wonder if anyone got a picture of the smoking board? :D

I think what happened was when I got a cold bug I was warming up with a hair dryer, whick melted the ice and I guess some water got in somewhere, even though the board had a good bit of vaseline :rolleyes:

I didn't take many pics (and only like 2 with someone in them and I think they may have both been of Chris) but I'll get them up soon :)

It was an awesome weekend, I was expecting nothing more than to just put faces to screen names after all these years and have some LN2 fun :D

LOL, I'll probably get my a$$ handed to me there. There will be more competitors I think and definitely more benches, so it will be tough one no matter what. The benchers worldwide are just outstanding, I'll just be happy to have benched in the same room them even if I come in last place ;)

I think maybe it won't be just me going to Taiwan, but I don't want to jinx anything yet, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

what were the test setups... those scores are kinda low arent they?

But how come you guys get to have all the fun?
LOL, the way this competition was run, it was pretty much a quick draw. I, and I am sure anyone there, could blow their scores away with time to play, but try putting together a brand new system for the first time with completely untested h/w straight for LN2 on the first boot and the second you turn it on bench with a strict time limit :beer: It's not really conducive to highest clocks or best scores. With a couple of days or even a couple of hours, they would be higher for sure, but 20-40 minutes to clock and finish benches is not much, especially on 3Ds. Even if you practiced on the identical h/w that would be used at the event, there was no telling how the same h/w there would respond.

h/w was QX9650, Gigabyte X48T-DQ6, Corsair DDR3-2000, Gigabyte 9600GT, WD SATA HDD, Gigbabyte 1200W PSU, monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Stations were drawn by randomly picking cards and procs were picked at will. I don't think anyone picked any specific one, but they were all the same batch (Q744?) and week, except for 2-3 that were the same batch only a different week IIRC.

sno, yeah, that definitely stunk up the place, I was so happy I was sitting next to you for that :beer:

Gautam...you WERE THERE, that is the important thing. I am green with envy of all who were selected for the opportunity. As Ross has described the event it must have been very very tough to take raw hardware from boxes and immediately perform the miracle of overclocking with extreme cooling, high voltages and everything else, from scratch so to speak, and add in the "stop watch" ...holy cow talk about being under the gun!!. Generally we (the overclocking/benching community) spend hours/days/weeks tweaking our hardware to get a few "good" scores with all the time we want...I am amazed by all of you for being able to do so with such great results!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Posted a clip up, gives you a better idea of the atmosphere. Sorry for the poor camera work.

I finally got back home a few minutes ago.

When did your plane leave? :p

I definitely should have changed the CPU when I got a new board.

Dude, what were you thinking? :D

Can we just forget I was even there? Can't even escape it for five minutes.

No way G, it would'nt have been nearly as cool without you there. Just luck of the draw on hardware, could've been anyone of us.

Back