• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone suggest an aluminum case with 120mm intake and exhaust?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

somegeek

Currenty using an Antec 830-sx and after several mods it's a bit frankenstein-ish. Would like to move to a new aluminium case that uses 120mm case fans. Wanna go with low speed 120mm Panaflos to keep it on the quiet side but still move some air.

Would like to have:

120mm intake on front
120mm exhaust on back
120mm intake on side(will mod to install) to blow into XP-120

Mid tower preferably.

Wanna spend roughly $100 on case only.

Appreciate any input!

somegeek

somegeek said:
Currenty using an Antec 830-sx and after several mods it's a bit frankenstein-ish. Would like to move to a new aluminium case that uses 120mm case fans. Wanna go with low speed 120mm Panaflos to keep it on the quiet side but still move some air.

Would like to have:

120mm intake on front
120mm exhaust on back
120mm intake on side(will mod to install) to blow into XP-120

Mid tower preferably.

Appreciate any input!

somegeek

I would recommend the Coolermaster Stacker or The Thermaltake Tsunami. :santa:

somegeek said:
somegeek

CM Stacker is out, unless you rob a computer store and drop $100 on your way out.

The Aerocool Jetmaster is not aluminum, but it is fairlt light, inexpensive, front and rear 120mm, and a side intake (only 80mm tho) Mine cools great, thought i'd mention it because it fits everything but the aluminum, which i dont really see why people want aluminum special anyway. Not trying to say you shouldnt get aluminum, just stating my opinion.

I really like this Lian-Li PC-7B Plus...Front and back 120m/m fans...80m/m blow hole (fan not included)...Aluminum construction...Window.

Nice case in that price range.

Antec slk3700bqe, or Antec SLK3700AMB, or the Antec SLK3000-B all good cases. The Antec p160 is a little more than you want to spend 110-120 but its a very good case

Hookem said:
I really like this Lian-Li PC-7B Plus...Front and back 120m/m fans...80m/m blow hole (fan not included)...Aluminum construction...Window.

MrCooper supports hookem suggestion. Looks like a SWEET case from lianli with the first time i've seen it coupled with 2x120mm fans. While most of the times they only fit tiny 80mm fans god knows how in the heck would it cool a system.. :)

firebat45 said:
mrcooper can you please stop talking in the third person, its confusing

Only for you firebat45 from MrCooper :santa: Now suggest a good alu case with 120mm to the above poster and make MrCooper happy@ :)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-112-077&depa=0

Lian LI PC-60A Plus - That 'A' might be superfluous, as I've seen it everywhere else without the 'A'. This is the next case I'll be getting, and though it doesn't have a 120mm rear exhaust, you can fit a 120mm exhaust in the top if you're modding it anyway. Generally thought of as a higher model than the 7-series, and it has a removable motherboard tray.

I second the nomination for the Lian-Li PC60+. Excellent case. IMO, best bang for the buck case you can buy.

Edited: 120mm rear fan is a blower. The 80mm exhaust acts as a duct for the CPU.

Last edited:
I'll 2nd the antec P160. Great case. The stock fans are Ok, but easy to replace with quieter ones. I got mine onsale at COMPUSA for $50, and I know this case is discounted periodically at plces like COMPUSA, Fry's Bestbuy, etc... So look around...

Thanks,
Mike

It turns out that I have 3 of the cases mentioned here.

The p160, 3700AMB from antec and the Tsunami..

Here is my take on it.

The best out of that lot is the p160. It's alumnum, fairly light and every thing fits in spaciously. The reason I bought the 3700AMB for my other system is that you cannot fit a 120mm radiator set up without "sawing" the HD cage off on the p160. If you arent going to do that p160 is the best bet. 3700 is also heavy (not aluminum)

Tsunami is just like 3700 on the inside, but made of aluminum. The side walls are paper thin and the thing is front heavy. Looks real nice though.

The swing doors on the 3700 and Tsunami are a bother after a while.. another reason i prefer the p160.

speaking only w/ experience w/ the p160 - i can say it is in fact a very nice case if you can find it on sale under 100...

very spacious, suprisingly light, very sturdy... no side intake, but you can choose either a plain or windowed side, and I can say with certainty you'll have a lot of trouble installing a 120mm on their windowed panel (a little searching and you'll find a thread i started on that particular topic), so if you're really gonna mod it then go for the plain-sided one ;)

personally i'm very happy with this p160 - and i'm sure i'll be keeping it until my current rig is old/broken beyond hope...

the p160 overall is a very well built case, but I too would advise waiting for those temporary drops in price (and wow 50? that's great!) ^_~

yeah the Antec Super Lanboy is what i got for a friend of mine, keeps cool... i have a slk3700 for a aserver, keeps cool to..around the same price..

Hookem said:

i own the Lian Li PC-7A Plus case and i LOVE IT!!! looks sharp as hell, its well built and damn good airflow.

It does however only have one 120mm fan which in right up front. The rest of the fans are 80mm (i have panoflo's for those) it does have a a grill in the back for a blower unit that looks like it would rest right over your video card.

mikesm said:
I'll 2nd the antec P160. Great case. The stock fans are Ok, but easy to replace with quieter ones. I got mine onsale at COMPUSA for $50, and I know this case is discounted periodically at plces like COMPUSA, Fry's Bestbuy, etc... So look around...

Thanks,
Mike

I use the P160 also, best case I've ever owned.

Back