• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.5GHz AMD Athlon Palomino Overclocks To 2.4GHz !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Before you start getting all exited at this distant possibility future AMD CPU's may even be multiplier locked, interesting report on the front of overclockers.com

AMD Comes Up With A Multiplier Lock? We point out some rather big differences between the AthlonMP and Athlon Mobile, then find something in the Mobile datasheets that looks an awful lot like a multiplier lock to us.

Alex99 said:
You pump 1.80 volt into a .13 micron Palimo core, with its transistors so tightly packed, and you'll fry the mother in 30 seconds. That's why it's spec'd to run at 1.4 volts or lower.
If the tbirds are anything to go by I doubt it. They're only spec'd to 1.85V I think (at least that's all most mobos seem to support), but I had my duron running happily at 2.3V for about 5 months before my volt mod stopped working - and the chip is still alive and happy. I've even heard of people running at 2.5V and above. I wouldn't be surprised if the palominoes can take 1.8V or more - someone's bound to try (maybe me!), so we should know sooner or latre :)

Back