• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 1090t 4ghz funbox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow! Those are some really "Out There" Tjmax values.

The 1090's Tctl is listed as 70°C in Pub #43375 so I don't know what to say. I guess it needs more work? :(

Regarding these differences, I have attached an AMD overdrive capture showing my CPU core temps and my board temps. To be honest I don't know what TMPINx refers to, I assume it's some mobo sensors.
This is after 100% load on all cores (running BOINC) for about 4 or 5 hours.
Which one of the TEMPIN sensors goes up/down with CPU load? Usually one of them will change a lot and the others will stay relatively the same ...

This is a shot after snoozing BOINC for a minute. Ambient temp has increased a little since the last shot. I think tmpin1 and 3 is the mobo socket temp?

TMPIN4 is about the temperate reading of the dark side of Pluto. There must be some kind of radio link between the sensor and my system.

Attachments

• amd-over.PNG
    amd-over.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 247
I honestly can't think of any modern AMD that has more than three sensors - and a lot of them only have two sensors.

Yah - looks like the TEMPIN2 sensor (would be TEMPIN1 on HWMonitor, since it starts at '0') is the CPU socket sensor. I'm guessing #1 would be the NB and I think #3 is the MOSFETs, though no one is really sure about #3 ...

I honestly can't think of any modern AMD that has more than three sensors - and a lot of them only have two sensors.

Yah - looks like the TEMPIN2 sensor (would be TEMPIN1 on HWMonitor, since it starts at '0') is the CPU socket sensor. I'm guessing #1 would be the NB and I think #3 is the MOSFETs, though no one is really sure about #3 ...

Thanks for clarifying that. Being serious I think the last sensor might be where another board would have a sensor, except mine wasnt made with one which is why it reads almost 0K - may be. Hope this is useful to anyone here.

I just built a new Radbox for my pc, It's leak testing right now (jumpered spare power supply operating pump) I'll get some pics of it later. My eventual goal is to have quick disconnects between the case and the radbox, but that will come with more paychecks! :)
I'll post some pics later. I got 4.3 stable but am mainly running at 4.2 or so.

New radbox is built

Ok, So I just built my new pc stand/radbox. (I'll post pics in a bit) I'm running my normal 4.2 ghz overclock (super stable 48 hrs+ p95) my temps seem to be a bit lower.

check it out:

42ghzbenching.jpg

bugger - your core load temps are lower than my idle temps :attn:

although after 36 hours of prime was on a my cpu was on a max of 55c, and core 39c so am happy with that :) 16x240 Oc

I made some tweaks in TurboV Evo, while prime was still running, CPUNB to 1.2v and RAM to 1.7v, then boosted to 245, 20 mins prime ok... tried 250 - seemed OK, went to bed with some Moby playing on iTunes, then just before I nodded off I head the PC reboot. So gone back to 240 FSB/HT as that means my RAM runs at spec 1600MHz.

I could probably spend some time tweaking, all I did was press the OC button on the mobo, change the RAM settings to the closest possible (plus adjust timings), then push it from 232 up to 240. NB and HT are still on auto speed which does seem low (x8 - 1920), CPUv is 1.4v, CPU/NB is 1.15v, RAM is stock 1.65v.

My CxHair IV is being advance RMA'd due to a fan header packing up, I am getting a new one some day this week, so ordered the EK chipset block which should look loooovely, am going to run that from my Zalman Resorator, as I am "guessing" it will be enough to handle it and keep temps lower than they are for me now (although I have mine in the original state, without the standoffs modded as peevedKitten has and a few others).

Also, are we all in agreement, that core temp is THE one to monitor? I can stop looking at CPU Load?

Last edited:
I still go by core temp. Until I try for like 4.4 or 4.5 none of my temps are even slightly concerning. My next upgrade will be a second pump added to the loop for better flow rate. Nobody makes a full block for my video card though so I won't be cooling that until they do. Am I a sicko for want to double up and add a 2nd magicool? :D

I feel the need, the need for....

...some pics of your rig rather than just screenshots now...

I'll post them when I get home. I have a wedding (mine) on Sat. and Fallout New Vegas came out today. I might be away for a week or so.

Edit @ gcwebbyuk: Why are you upping your FSB? you have a 1090t right? The unlocked multi is the way to go! I'm 21x200 RAM is super stable that way.

Ugh, I got home Installed FNV (fallout new vegas) then went and picked up some of the food for the wedding. When I got back Corrupt OS Wheeeee!!!!

Wouldn't have been a big deal except I stepped on my system disc when I dropped it. So now I'm burning a new one and re-building my OS.

PICS

So, I promised pics here they are:

darkside002.jpg

darkside003.jpg

darkside004.jpg

darkside006.jpg

Yes I know my garage is a sty, lol. I've had a ton of projects going lately. The radiator has about 6 inches of wood on it's sides form a shroud. I cut a pvc pipe in half and screwed it into the frame to make rails for the rad to be toolessly removed. I used clippers and just snipped out the grate on the bottom of the HAF 932, I did have to dremel up to the HD cage to give the hoses more clearance.

My big fan is being worked on atm (one of those projects) Right now I have a 350 cfm 22" box fan pulling and a 1000 cfm shop fan pushing. The top of the wooden rad box has 4 2" holes cut in it, when the system is on the stand it actually fits "in" the stand in those 4 holes, this make it all MUCH more stable (I tried it without it and almost lost the case, but now it doesnt even wiggle.

I'm sure everyone is going to rush to point out with my case having no clearance on the bottom, that the PSU fan should not be pulling in air. That would normally be correct but the top of the rad box is cut to accommodate the radiator sliding in and out. The bottom is also clipped out of the machine so the bottom is open air.

That cold cathode velcro's to the case door, it's not normally hanging out there.

So, it's been awhile since I posted anything new but I want to do a bit of tweaking. Mainly regarding my Ram, could anyone please recommend me some timings to test? I haven't had any luck with pushing the timings any faster than they currently are.

Here is a pic, this is 24 hrs BOINCing, cooling system is definitely working.

43ghz25cstable.jpg

I haven't been able to get 4.4 ghz stable, but I'm still fiddling with it about 15 mins a day, I can actually drop my voltage .02 from what it is in this pic. I forgot to drop it after making a 4.4 run.

Back