• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visually striking games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Peeved Kitten

I'm looking to show off my hardware. I'm after a list of absolutely gorgeous digital eyecandy. I was hoping to find something similar to folklore/riven/myst with next gen visuals/graphics. I'm not as interested in game play as I am cranking all the settings to max and watching my wife drool over it.

Maybe we could get a list going of good eyecandy games?

I'm looking to show off my hardware. I'm after a list of absolutely gorgeous digital eyecandy. I was hoping to find something similar to folklore/riven/myst with next gen visuals/graphics. I'm not as interested in game play as I am cranking all the settings to max and watching my wife drool over it.

Maybe we could get a list going of good eyecandy games?
I thought that the graphics in Just Cause 2 were very nice. Espeically the vistas from the top of mountains or while flying. If you have Nvidia surround it's even better in person! :thup:

An example on my system.

Crysis would obviously be one of the top picks. With some texture packs it should probably max out what your PC is capable of.

Crysis 2 is on the horizon and it should push the envelope even further.

Oblivion still kind of looks nice, again, with some extra texture packs.

Grid and Dirt 2 are some nice looking PC racing games... Especially if you have eyeinfinity

tomb raider with the nude patch. oh wait did you say wife?
looking down one of the locations my charachter just climbed 150feet up, gives me vertigo, at the thought of falling off and dying , one more time.

Lotro has some breath taking scenery and graphics when cranked up to full dx11 max need a good machine though

There are tons of wow that's awesome places in lotro

BFBC2 does video and audio really well. Is is the standard in destructible environments as well.

if we strictly speaking games, id say crisis and metro 2033 are my picks.

I want 2033 but Im waiting until it is possible for me to save enough for a seconf GFX card so I can run it nice and respectably.

(obviously OP your 69XX card will not need a sibling to smoke 2033 :p. That's such a nice card...)

I want 2033 but Im waiting until it is possible for me to save enough for a seconf GFX card so I can run it nice and respectably.

(obviously OP your 69XX card will not need a sibling to smoke 2033 :p. That's such a nice card...)

I'm waiting on a 2nd card for metro 2033, I want to run it completely maxed at high res.

I have to agree Just Cause 2 has very good visuals and also very gpu demanding, some others are: Assassins Creed 2 (very beautiful in its design and concept), Tomb Raider Underworld, Last Remnant very good visually(after i tweaked engine.cfg for max quality the game turned into best visuals ive seen ever on any screen) also gpu demanding, I have to list Gothic 4 because it does have very good graphics and is the most gpu demanding game i ever played, but i just dont find the graphics appealing by design, they are very good thou on max setting, recommended gpu for gothic 4 is GTX295, that alone tells you its very gpu intense game

DUDE where do I get that Crysis engine Mechwarrior game. I HAVE to have it...

mwlldownload.com, but hold off for now. The .32 install process is a little weird, and .40 is coming out any day now with a fresh installer and support for Crysis Wars :beer:

mwlldownload.com, but hold off for now. The .32 install process is a little weird, and .40 is coming out any day now with a fresh installer and support for Crysis Wars :beer:

Crysis wars with mechs!? :clap::cry: (of joy)

How's the performance. I imagine it runs much better than stock crysis given that the terrain in MW is always much sparser.

Crysis wars with mechs!? :clap::cry: (of joy)

How's the performance. I imagine it runs much better than stock crysis given that the terrain in MW is always much sparser.

It's a bit more demanding. Regular Crysis doesn't often have hundreds of missiles and other stuff flying around at once, and the mechs are pretty well detailed too.

Pretty much any reasonable rig can handle it though, both of mine (in sig) run it just fine.

Back