• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lynksis wired router= slower bit torrent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
plausible?

Very possible. Wired router usually have low memory, and if you got 1000+ connections going from bittorrent, it's gonna choke and timeout.

Either lower your connections to around 250, or upgrade to a smoothwall/pfsense box.

Very possible. Wired router usually have low memory, and if you got 1000+ connections going from bittorrent, it's gonna choke and timeout.

Either lower your connections to around 250, or upgrade to a smoothwall/pfsense box.

I didnt think this was an issue anymore... The router is 2 years old.

:bang head

as per upgrades i should mention things are super poor right now for me

search the forums, plenty of threads on this very subject.

some routers handle large loads fine, others dont, most home routers are made for hundred of connections per second like P2P does.

search the forums, plenty of threads on this very subject.

some routers handle large loads fine, others dont, most home routers are made for hundred of connections per second like P2P does.

Would this affect me playing BF2?

I take my pwnage abilities in that game very seriously and if I were about to waste a guy from a mile away with a TV missile and at the last second you get that stupid 'server connection lost' thing on the screen for like 1/4 second and it screws your whole day you know? :sn:

What torrent client are you using?

bit torrent
071018_richar.JPG

Back