• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with some communications.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pandam00nium

I'm trying to work on an assignment for my communications class, and well.. I'm quite confused since I'm taking my analog devices class along with this. So I'm not all that familiar with everything my professor talks about.

Anyways my question is in regards to bandwidth and sidebands. The first question was about a 1-MHz AM carrier with modulated voice frequencies with a range of 100Hz to 3kHz.

Now I got the answer to the first part which was about the frequency-domain spectrum(1-MHz being the carrier, and the lower sideband being .997MHz-.999MHz, and the upper sideband being 1.0001MHz-1.003MHz [feel free to correct me if I'm wrong])

The second part of the question is just asking what the bandwidth of the modulated signal would be.

From my notes I wrote down that bandwidth is the highest modulated frequency. So would the total for a double sideband be 6KHz since they're 3KHz each?

Um.. Thanks for reading. Also I apologize if I posted in the wrong section. It's kinda hard to tell where to discuss electronics in general..I figured the sub-forum circuitry section would have fit. >.>;

Last edited:
Might want to correct your units there. You meant 997KHz (.997MHz) to 999KHz (.999MHz), right?

Back