• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I posted here a long time ago when I first got in to the Eggxpert program and just searching around found my way back. Just looked through a few pages, wow you guys are getting some cool stuff. That $400ish printer is pretty sweet, and a 30TB NAS??? Holy crap!

One thing I found amusing is I just got this beast in the mail, and wishing for a set of ram and CPU to use in it, then saw Brolloks' post!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128765&Tpk=13-128-765

Definitely the nicest item I've gotten so far. I'm selling old parts to try and raise the cash for a CPU & memory.. Brolloks I don't suppose you're looking that corsair set cheap :)

I posted here a long time ago when I first got in to the Eggxpert program and just searching around found my way back. Just looked through a few pages, wow you guys are getting some cool stuff. That $400ish printer is pretty sweet, and a 30TB NAS??? Holy crap!

One thing I found amusing is I just got this beast in the mail, and wishing for a set of ram and CPU to use in it, then saw Brolloks' post!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128765&Tpk=13-128-765

Definitely the nicest item I've gotten so far. I'm selling old parts to try and raise the cash for a CPU & memory.. Brolloks I don't suppose you're looking that corsair set cheap :)

I had to decline the x99 board I got offered last month. Oh how I hated to do it... :p

Also figured I'd update my list since it's been a long time since I posted. I've gotten about 22 items. Here's a rough list:
7 TP-LINK network related items, a couple routers, switches, extenders, etc.
6 other network items (from D-Link, Linksys, etc), a couple more routers, switches, etc, and a cable modem (which I refused as I don't have cable)

Some of the more interesting ones:
Rosewill DSLR Backpack, pretty nice
3 Gigabyte motherboards, GA-G1 Sniper Z97, GA-Z97X-SLI, and just today the X99-SOC Champion!
a 4TB Western Digital hard drive
64 GB Corsair USB 3.0 flash drive
Portable bluetooth speaker (which is still awesome)

I had to decline the x99 board I got offered last month. Oh how I hated to do it... :p
Yeah this time I decided I'd go ahead and spend the cash to build it out. I'm still sitting here with my X58 setup from about 8 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if Newegg is just trying to get us to buy stuff.

Yeah this time I decided I'd go ahead and spend the cash to build it out. I'm still sitting here with my X58 setup from about 8 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if Newegg is just trying to get us to buy stuff.

I'd be much more inclined to buy stuff if I were getting free stuff to start with :p

What the what? Thirty Terabytes? Dang dude, nice item.

If I took all the data off every computer and random hard drive in my house I probably couldn't fill more than two terabytes of that.

Sure wish I could get an invite for this program.

I got my NAS today. It's a lot smaller than I expected... kinda cute. I named it toaster since that's about the size of the thing. XD

30TB of toast. Mmmm...

30TB... would never need more hd space for the rest of your life :drool:

anyway I had a bunch more reviews invitations in the last couple months, almost all networking stuff (shocking I know)
but I did get this nice 500GB SSD external drive today www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147377
wonder if I can get it open to swap it with the 128GB I have have and put the 500GB as my main

30TB... would never need more hd space for the rest of your life :drool:

anyway I had a bunch more reviews invitations in the last couple months, almost all networking stuff (shocking I know)
but I did get this nice 500GB SSD external drive today www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147377
wonder if I can get it open to swap it with the 128GB I have have and put the 500GB as my main

i could filler up in a couple years :)

Congrats on the 30TB, definitely the most expensive review item I've seen. After declining the cable modem I thought "well that's that for a while", but no they are sending me an Engenius Smart Repeater. Not the most exciting of things but something else to add to my wireless shelf. It currently has 2 wireless g, 5 wireless n and 1 dual band wireless n routers. I am using a wireless AC router.

I'm still waiting on him to finish reviewing it and sending it to me as I asked :D lol

turned down another network something or another last week or so awaiting my next item.

is your review Chessie T.

Last edited:
Last product I got was Corsair's MM600 mouse pad around two months ago. Very nice pad but boring to review. Can't believe you got that 30TB NAS!!! Why won't they send that to me? I would love to review that. I rarely get invitations anymore. It typically takes one or two months to get an email and this is the longest I've went.

Once I was offered a 4TB Thunderbolt RAID enclosure that retailed for $700 but I declined it because I couldn't even test it. That was back when 4TB was a crazy amount. As for that 30TB monster, all I can say is you're one lucky dog to have gotten that. Looks like only one other person reviewed it so far (unless you posted your review).

Back