• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best VideoCard for under 200$ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newwarfare

Registered
Im in need of a videocard to go with my new system ive got a maximum budget of 200$ if you want to post a link it must be shipeable to canada thanks ;)

what are your system specs, including PSU?

Are you going for most powerful/best graphics, dx11 all that stuff.

Shooting off the hip here I'd say if you want a dx11 card go for a ATI 5770, its 45nm so it runs cooler, had dx11 and isn't all that bad.. i have one and haven't had a game i dont run on high if not max settings (though crysis is a pig for graphics!)

ifyou're looking for most powerful its probably a ATI 4890.. its only dx10, but has a ton of power.. runs a little hot, but if you overclock it you shouldn't have a game it cannot play (except dx11 titles, which will probably still play on dx10)

Also the 260 gtx on the nvidia side isnt bad at all either and I think in that price range.. though this is all speculation and mostly from US prices since I didnt have time to look em up..

goto newegg.ca and check out their prices on the mentioned cards.. also the 5750 or 4870 wouldn't be all that horrible either.. if the prices are too high

+1 for the ATI 5770. It's a tad slower than the 4870, but is a much more efficient card. Plus you get DX11.

If you dont care about DX11 titles (which there is what, 1 out now Dirt2?) I would go with the HD4890. Though at newegg.ca, its $209.

The HD5770 which is DX11 and under $200 performs 10-15% or so less than 4890 (about on par with GTX260 216/HD4870).

DX11 games will most certainly play on a DX10 card. At least for the next several years until they stop coding for it I guess.

But yeah, system speccs, including PSU and screen resolution would be helpful.....

The Radeon 4850 is a good card and they start at $105 on Newegg. For a bit more than $200, you could get 2 and crossfire them but 1 would be enough for me. It was the one I was going to get before my Jeep ate my upgrade money.

crossfiring isn't useful unless you are using some big resolutions..the difference in rendering shouldn't be noticeable at lower res at all..

4890 would be my call as well.. as earth dog says most dx11 will play on a dx10 card for years still.. i only got 5770 cause of dx11 when I should have gone with 4890, but ill deal since my resoultion is small

Get the Sapphire Vapor-X 4890 if you can. It's basically reasonable watercooling-ish for $10 extra, plus a nicely made and good-looking 4890. Might be like $10 over budget, but IMO it is absolutely worth it.

Back