• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build Log 97% Complete.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KyoKris

Registered
so awhile back i posted a list of all the part i wanted to buy and the build i was going to put together. I lost someone recently and had time and needed something to keep my mind busy so i finally got around to water cooling my PC.

I say 97% complete because i want to change a sata cable and put one or 2 more UV lights in it.

This is my 1st real loop and i would not have been able to complete it with out the vast knowledge of the people on this forum. So a big thank you to the guys that flood this place with information and answer our nub questions for us.

these pics are just iPhone ones, nice HD RES ones to come a bit later on :)

Nice rig bud and sorry for your loss.

Please let us know your specs as Iam guesstimating that those 2 GPUs look to be from ATI, because theres no way in hell you can use a 850w with 2 gpus w/ 2 8-pin PCI-E inputs from Nvidia to my knowledge (unless they are GTX 690s in SLI and the 1 faded out before the 8 on the PSU side sticker for a total of 1850w ;) ). Ok fine I kid! Looks like a Gigabyte Z68 (socket 1155) so its either a i3/i5/i7 intel cpu. So hopefully I'am 3 for 3 on this one. :p

Beautiful PC. Specs?

+1.. it's gorgeous.

Sorry about your loss.

thanks.

looks like a huge rad ontop, which rad is it

Black Ice GTX 360 Radiator
and the Black Ice GTX 140 Radiator on the bottom.

Nice rig bud and sorry for your loss.

Please let us know your specs as Iam guesstimating that those 2 GPUs look to be from ATI, because theres no way in hell you can use a 850w with 2 gpus w/ 2 8-pin PCI-E inputs from Nvidia to my knowledge (unless they are GTX 690s in SLI and the 1 faded out before the 8 on the PSU side sticker for a total of 1850w ;) ). Ok fine I kid! Looks like a Gigabyte Z68 (socket 1155) so its either a i3/i5/i7 intel cpu. So hopefully I'am 3 for 3 on this one. :p

i7 2600k
Raid0 SSD
GTX 580 direct CU ii x2 SLI
16gb Ripjaw Ram

Cooling.
made some changes went with a single pump and not the dual
and the CPU block is the RED Plexi from bitspower, I also added the EK full cover back plates to both my cards.

WC02.jpg
WC01.jpg

Is the first pic from an iPhone too? Because it looks damn nice... If it is from an iPhone youA have photography skills. I can't do anything with a camera.

A stupid thing I just thought about. Have you considered coiling the silver around the "reactor core" thingy? That would look good, I think.

Is the first pic from an iPhone too? Because it looks damn nice... If it is from an iPhone youA have photography skills. I can't do anything with a camera.

A stupid thing I just thought about. Have you considered coiling the silver around the "reactor core" thingy? That would look good, I think.

yeah all from the iPhone, it would just be a filter from instagram lol.

do you mean cover my Helix in my reservoir in silver?
i have a silver coil in there i kept it white to tie in with my tubing of my build.

Sorry to hear about your loss as well.

Nice job on the rig. This is an 800d, no? I have one as well, and I have a 120 rad inside in place of the rear vent fan. I thought about adding another 120 below where you appear to have your 140. How'd you secure it down there? Is it just sitting there?

Thanks for any insight.

I'am also thinking about adding x2 120.1 rads for the back/bottom also. But was wondering which one would be the perfect to fit the back (thinking of a Black ice stealth) and also that can be bolted on the bottom fan area and still be able to get the tubes coming out of the holes with either a push or pull or both.

Sorry to hear about your loss as well.

Nice job on the rig. This is an 800d, no? I have one as well, and I have a 120 rad inside in place of the rear vent fan. I thought about adding another 120 below where you appear to have your 140. How'd you secure it down there? Is it just sitting there?

Thanks for any insight.
yep 800d build.

yeah i have a 140.1 Rad in the bottom, Its on the PSU Rail with some velcro on the side and back to hold it in place.
its actually pretty secure just from the tubing.

I'am also thinking about adding x2 120.1 rads for the back/bottom also. But was wondering which one would be the perfect to fit the back (thinking of a Black ice stealth) and also that can be bolted on the bottom fan area and still be able to get the tubes coming out of the holes with either a push or pull or both.

i guess it depends on what you want to cool. cpu only that would be fine from what i have read but if you want to cool a gpu you will need more Rad.

if anyone wants to know Temps i can post pics :)

Yeah I will eventually add a GPU loop to it and was wondering what rads would nicely fit in the back with a push/pull or one of those and also for the bottom fan if I can actually bolt a 120.1 or 140.1 with push/pull or just one of those. That was my question and sorry if I confused anyone. Happy Hangover Day! :p

P.S.- For the bottom rad I'd like to know if theres a rad out there where I can fit/bolt on and still be able to align with the holes in the 800D for the tubes with maybe a fan in between to cause a little space.

Well done, good job. We all know we will deal with loss, you found a fun way to use your mind as you got over it. It's a nice gesture, get something etched in the side panel for memories.

Danger Den can do any etch you need, and let them know why, they are great humans there and will do the best in the world to make it done right.

Back