• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE DS3L vs. DFI BloodIron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JC1

Registered
I want to mate one of these with an E8400 plus 4GB PC800 (G.Skill ) for a new box I want to build.

Need some advice on which you all think would be the best option... Not sure how far I will push it but I suspect form some of the threads 3.8 - 4.0 is a posibility.

I open to changes in parts (RAM,PSU...) as needed... here is my list so far from another thread.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=560178

Thanks

What sort of nutjobs do they have coming up with the names of this stuff? I mean COME ON? "BloodIron?"

These have to be grown men making these boards don't they? What are they all part of a Harry Potter book club?

How about the BIOS in each... can you tell me if there are any major differences i.e. more functions, better stability,...

Thanks

The DFI is not an easy board to overclock. It has tons of ram settings/voltages which is not meant for the weak. If you decide to go with the DFI, be prepared to spend alot of time tweaking , cussing, arguing with the g/f and pulling your hair out :eek:

The DFI is not an easy board to overclock. It has tons of ram settings/voltages which is not meant for the weak. If you decide to go with the DFI, be prepared to spend alot of time tweaking , cussing, arguing with the g/f and pulling your hair out :eek:

can you give me some tips on bios settings for the ram and anything else m8

can you give me some tips on bios settings for the ram and anything else m8

Hmm, not sure if my settings will work with your setup. Your best bet would be to run Everest , check the ram settings and write them down, then go into the bios and manually set them. Then all you have to do is tweak the normal timings to your liking per best performance :). That's how i did it.

What sort of nutjobs do they have coming up with the names of this stuff? I mean COME ON? "BloodIron?"

These have to be grown men making these boards don't they? What are they all part of a Harry Potter book club?

"Lightning bolt!" :D

lbolt.jpg

Thanks all - I am ordering about half the parts tonight and the rest next pay day :)

I will post back when I have it together and ready to start OC'ing...

Here's a question that might be helpful out in the open. If one were to know how to overclock on say, "normal" (non dfi) bios, can one do those normal tweaks and leave the extra features for when one decides to spend huge amounts of time learning how to use em?

Here's a question that might be helpful out in the open. If one were to know how to overclock on say, "normal" (non dfi) bios, can one do those normal tweaks and leave the extra features for when one decides to spend huge amounts of time learning how to use em?

Yes. A moderate oc is easy. Just the basics. Afterwards when you learn more about your particular board and it's settings, then you can go for the gusto :cool:

Back