• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This COULD be a record for E6600's air cooled in a mATX case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raptor15sc

Registered
thanks go to Evilsizer for telling me to bump the voltage more in the bios till cpuz reads 1.55v--it worked :) (for start up volt readings)

j-Record-1.jpg

E6600 @ 3.825 Ghz set to 1.7000v
ASUS P5E-VM HDMI set to 1.67v/1.2v
HIS Radeon HD 3780 X2 @ 891/999 Mhz set to stock v
2 X 2 GB of OCZ Reaper HPC (PC 8500) @ 1062 Mhz (5-5-5-13) set to 2.2v
74 GB Raptor (No RAID)

yeah, it is as far as CPU Voltage setting goes. but there are other settings there, but i don't know exactly what they would do.

...i'll restart and get those settings' names...

ok, here are the settings that i need advice on...

CLOCK OVER-CHARGING MODE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 0.7v, 0.8v, 0.9v, or Auto)

CPU VOLTAGE REFERENCE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 0.63x, 0.61x, 0.59x, 0.57x, or Auto)

NORTH BRIDGE VOLTAGE REFERENCE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 0.67x, 0.61x, or Auto)

PLL VOLTAGE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 1.50v to 1.80v, or Auto)

FSB TERMINATION VOLTAGE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 1.2V to 1.5V, or Auto)

FSB STRAP TO NORTH BRIDGE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 200Mhz, 266Mhz, 333Mhz, or Auto)

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!

nice, the P5E-VM HDMI is a dope motherboard :)

i really was like this || close to buying one and a 9800gx2, but then i got broke - so it was a no-go.

Impressive! I was questioning whether to get that Asus board or the Abit F-I90HD and I went with the Abit. It OC's the E4300 very well too and it has a ton of voltage options.

What are you using to cool that thing? I was afraid of temps so I stopped at 3.2ghz and 1.45v.

-Collin-

me too. the cpu score sucks, i should've bought the Q6600--but i read one stupid jerk's review about how the E6600 is very close in performance when clocked higher :bang head

i'm using a Zalman CNPS 9700 NT to cool the thing, the load temps are at about 48C using Asus's probe, and about 59C using CPU Temp 0.99

i'll put up pics of the rig when i got some spare time :)

Evilsizer, yeah... Prime95 keeps giving me "rounding errors" about 10 minutes in

Last edited:
at what size does the round error take place? is it below 4096k? if it is then you need more cpu voltage... if its above that then you need more ram voltage or need better ram.

wow. now that the sun is out it is failing to round correctly at 8k...

so how would i increase the voltage then?? it's set to 1.7v (the max) in the bios,
so i would have to change one of those other settings...

"CLOCK OVER-CHARGING MODE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 0.7v, 0.8v, 0.9v, or Auto)

CPU VOLTAGE REFERENCE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 0.63x, 0.61x, 0.59x, 0.57x, or Auto)

NORTH BRIDGE VOLTAGE REFERENCE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 0.67x, 0.61x, or Auto)

PLL VOLTAGE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 1.50v to 1.80v, or Auto)

FSB TERMINATION VOLTAGE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 1.2V to 1.5V, or Auto)

FSB STRAP TO NORTH BRIDGE - Currently set to auto.
(Choices: 200Mhz, 266Mhz, 333Mhz, or Auto)"

to get more volts.

take FSB term voltage to 1.27-1.33v after that try upping the CPU votlage reference 2notches max. if that still doesnt work then its time to lower the oc more.

take FSB term voltage to 1.27-1.33v after that try upping the CPU votlage reference 2notches max. if that still doesnt work then its time to lower the oc more.

thanks, i'll try those setting's in about an hour.

i tried many combinations of FSB term voltage and CPU voltage reference, most of them decrease the stability, i've still got some fine tuning to do to find the best settings... this is going to take a while =/

Last edited:
Back