• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal paste?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I recently got a bottle of TC grease 0098 from tim-consultants.com. It actually worked about 2-3 drgrees better than AC silver. Haven't really tested fully yet just used it on a older machine with AS5. but the temp came down at max load. under idle they seem to be equivalent maybe 1C apart hardly noticeable. If you dislike AS5 for the price, this guy sells 50g of it for $17 shipped (will last forever). So it's cheaper than AS5 and do a better job at it.

Edit: shoot I just checked their website, ever since I bought this stuff, the company had received some awards and appearantly got bought out and how 50g is like $75. holy cow. This stuff is getting hot.

I used some of that new IC diamond stuff, it actually works well. As well or better then AS5, you can get on petras.

AS5 is nice, i'll have to check out tim-consultants, what I found to work very well is Shin-Estu X-23. It doesn't spread like butter so you have to use just a pea sized dot right in the middle of your cpu, but it's 2-3c lower than AS5. I was using the X-23 than was trying to figure something out and had to re-do the my TIM and was out of it and had to go back to AS5 and I noticed a big difference.

Oh, and it also works GREAT on GPU's too.

Back