• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Alternative Mod;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xargon21

Registered
Mainscreen.jpg

interior.jpg

as you can see i build a Carpc using mini itx board and a mobile core2duo cpu. the whole computer is in the dash behind the 7" touchscreen i got a custom case from a guy that did this to his mustang and i had to build one too. it has hd radio, sirius radio, gps, win amp and media player classic for vids

i dont have a pic of it before i installed the radio but i found a pic of the stock radio that was in my car to give you a idea of what it looked like

6R3T-18C815.jpg

How do you get Sirius radio to work on a carputer? To further that, how did you get it to interface with Windows?

Looks awesome by the way :)

nice job ... how about giving us a complete P/L and sources on this ... this is something that has been spinnin gears in the back of my head for a long time

Wow awesome mod!

The only problem is that I'd probably get in an accident because I'd be looking at the screen too much ;)

The gauges button take you to a screen that uses the gps to display you Mph heading, Altitude, # of satellites you have locked in.

different skins can do different things it up to what the maker wants to put into them, there is a guy that made a tire pressure monitoring system reciever that can plug into the usb port so he can monitor his tire pressure and temp on his car pc

Took a piece of plastic out of my center console and built in a hub and a power switch and a "velet" switch, Now if my comp freezes on road i can restart it and when i take it in for service i can keep the computer off so shop monkeys cant mess with it :)

IMG_1006.jpg

Back