• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM 690 II Advanced

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It looks like the bottom side fan will clear a big heatsink at least. With one in front, one in the side, and one coming in the bottom with 2 top exhausts and a single rear, that's plenty of airflow. I may just grab one of these if it improves on the first ones weaknesses. Looks pretty damn nice.

On the original the lower side fan will clear a large heatsink (at least it clears my TREU in push pull) I lost the ability to use the lower one (not that it really did anything helpful) when I put an artic cooling s1 on my 8800GT.

I want to know if the new case will work with the old side panel. While I'm still don't like overly flashy cases, I do like side windows to see my components run.

I hope they design a better way of removing the front panel. Something like the antec 300. Also hope they did something about the side panel fan intakes, the grill makes the fan sound like turbines.

I hope they design a better way of removing the front panel. Something like the antec 300. Also hope they did something about the side panel fan intakes, the grill makes the fan sound like turbines.

By the looks the side grills are the same, and the dame as almost every case, and they all make noise (which is why I remove them before ever putting a fan on them)

And IMO the font panel isn't a problem at all, it just pulls right off, it's the top panel that aggravates me.

It depends on what direction they take it. What I loved about the CM690 was the simplicity of it. It wasn't overly flashy, or have anything crazy or some unique shape to it. It was a very functional case, while maintaining that simple appeal, much like the Antec 300. If they expand on that, I think it'll be a great case. If they take it the direction of their newer cases, like the Sniper or Scout... Not so much.

That's funny I just went from an Antec 300 to a Scout...mostly because it was a great deal, scout+600w OCZ modular pro PSU for $50.

The Scout is a pretty nice case, although I can see some people not liking the window and such, the finish is very nice and the LED's can be turned off. The "tool-less" install features all felt cheaply made to me, and the airflow doesn't seem like it would be as good as the Antec 300, but it's too cold right now for me to see any real temp differences. I'd still recommend the Scout to anyone looking for a lan type case, and I personally think it's one of the best looking cases I've seen.

This CM690II looks like it has a similar finish to the Scout, not a fan of the side vents either but looks to be a pretty nice case. Probably gonna take the crown for best "sleeper" case.

They should have put a 230mm fan on the side IMO.. It looks okay; I like the all black, but there are better cooling cases out today.

The launch thing is dumb. It's a case Pete's sake, not a new Porsche.

Back